Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Claude puts his car back together.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I'm glad you kept the plastic. It actually helps.

I mean a lift would be great for the sway bar bushings. I did the ones on mine using jack stands. Not so fun. But a lot easier than changing the rear control arms using jack stands. That wasn't fun.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Had a moment to further tear the engine down. Still not sure if I want to tear it further down than this, I could be happy with painting the block grey and just taping the timing cover off and shooting it again. The intake I could happy with just wire brushing it. My plans don't include this engine beyond the next couple years however If I could find a good price on a cam I would tear down for that. The engine has an early 5.0 HO cam in it now so no lope.

IMG_1646.jpg

The first of the new parts showed up. I ordered this off ebay, the pictures all showed no low oil level sensor hole but its there. The current engine oil pan does not have the sensor in it but I do still have the original engine down at the farm, I'll probably grab the sensor from it this weekend. A new one is $100! Hopefully the short piece of wire harness is there as its not in the car.

IMG_1647.JPG
    One 88

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

My car had that low oil sensor. When the engine was rebuilt I even got an oil pan like you have so the sensor could be put back in. About a year later the sensor started leaking from the center of the body. Found out a new one was stupid expensive. So I took the old one to a local auto parts store and found a drain plug with the same threads. Screwed that plug in and pulled the harness for the sensor and threw it out. No more leaks and cost me ~$3.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I checked the eBay add again and it showed a plug in this hole, I’ll check the box when I get home maybe it’s in the bottom.
    One 88

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

How much you guys pay for your pans? I need to get a new one, mine leaks.
    '84 and '87 Mustangs
    '98 Explorer

FORD forever!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Well I bought the one for my car 10 years ago. That receipt is long gone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbirdSport302 View Post
    How much you guys pay for your pans? I need to get a new one, mine leaks.

$38
    One 88

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

More new parts. Pressure plate bolts and a new exhaust hanger.

IMG_1650.JPG
    One 88

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Got some work done today when the kids let me. They are just young enough that I need to keep a close eye on them.

This is a B- rattle can job. Its what I have time for but I used a good quality spray paint that seems to have good coverage and lay down nice however it is drying very slow.

I have a new heater core, a/c lines, radiator and starter coming in. Need to order a few 5.0resto parts, like the battery tray and cable combo.

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg
    One 88

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Lookin' good. Dig the white mirrors too, they look nice on a white car. Remember when I stripped and painted the grille on my white V6 Bird? You even made a cool sig image with that car for me.

And I still have that image saved somewhere both in photofucket and burnt onto a cd LOL.

I'm always keeping an eye open for an '88 5.0 Bird. Most I see around here are rusted or wrecked or need so much, and I'm not gonna start with another clapped out POS, unless I can't find anything better. Still, I'll have to delete a Mustang from the herd before I take on another project. Space here isn't an issue, it's more of a "wife says no more hobby cars unless one goes away first" kinda thing. :-\
    Last edited by ThunderbirdSport302; 09-29-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    '84 and '87 Mustangs
    '98 Explorer

FORD forever!