Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Claude puts his car back together.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Looking good. What is the name/brand of the peel and stick insulation you used ?
    It is labeled "Peel and Seal" from Lowes. I covered the floor in my Bronco II with it and it made a huge difference in the amount of heat transferred through the floor. I would say it helped with the sound but I haven't installed carpet yet and the huge tires are loud anyways.
    One 88

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

That carpet came out really well.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score

Thanks for the tip! I might pick some up for a project coming up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderjet302 View Post
    That carpet came out really well.
    It’s not too bad, the iPhone picture makes it look better than it is. There is a burn in the rear footwell.
    Last edited by CougarSE; 11-21-2018 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Because we don’t have a mobile interface yet.
    One 88

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have planned on going cobra brakes with my 5 lug, today the difficult to find parts arrived. I had been watching them on Ebay and they went on sale so I jumped. The rest of the parts are on the way.

Next I need to order a new flywheel and clutch kit. Its the major hold up before the engine can be installed.

RenderedImage.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg
    One 88

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Just a suggestion but I’ve run this RAM clutch set on my Coupe for years now and it’s been a great clutch. So good that when it wore out (45,000 miles of abuse) I bought another one. Feels like a stock clutch as far as pedal effort but holds a lot better (I destroyed a King Cobra clutch set in about 10K Miles).

https://ramclutches.com/product-fami...ce-clutch-sets

I am running a Centerforce billet flywheel only because it was on sale when I needed a new one. Biggest thing is make sure it is SFI approved. I would stick with brand names here and not eBay junk but it’s your feet and legs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocoupe View Post
    Just a suggestion but I’ve run this RAM clutch set on my Coupe for years now and it’s been a great clutch. So good that when it wore out (45,000 miles of abuse) I bought another one. Feels like a stock clutch as far as pedal effort but holds a lot better (I destroyed a King Cobra clutch set in about 10K Miles).

https://ramclutches.com/product-fami...ce-clutch-sets

I am running a Centerforce billet flywheel only because it was on sale when I needed a new one. Biggest thing is make sure it is SFI approved. I would stick with brand names here and not eBay junk but it’s your feet and legs.
    I have read good things about Ram while researching.
    One 88

Feedback Score

I am running a Centerforce II clutch and pressure plate and a Ford Racing billet flywheel with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by CougarSE View Post
    I have read good things about Ram while researching.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Centerforce is another great clutch manufacturer. Couple of other things, positive stop shifter (MGW's are the shit), adjustable clutch cable with a fire wall adjuster, and a clutch quadrant. I like the adjustable clutch cable so I can preliminarily set my clutch cable tension up under the car then use the firewall adjuster for final and then tuning over time.