Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Replacing Intake, throttle body- questions?

Feedback Score

Well the motor is in and the 7 qt oil pan actually holds 9 qts. That is using the stock dipstick in the block. All the fluids are in. I'll see if I have any puddles under the car in the morning. Still need to bleed the brakes, replace the gas tank, and re-install the interior I removed to weld the frame connectors. Maybe try and start it sometime next week. Say a prayer for me. With all of the problems it took me 2 months of solid work to complete the Phase 4 Remodel. It should of taken me 5 weeks to build a new motor, replace everything connected to it, new fuel system from the injectors to the tank, new brake system from the master cylinder to the calipers, replace flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, new custom frame connectors, new ball joints, "U" joints, clean and paint the underside of the car. Took about a ten months to collect all the parts needed.IMG_6264.jpgIMG_6265.jpgIMG_6266.jpg

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

Looks great.
    What gas tank are you going with? I replaced mine earlier this year with the Autozone model. Of course my gas gauge went on the fritz afterwards and the car wouldn't start until I had 10 gallons of fuel in the tank.
    Good luck on starting it soon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My Canton 7 qt pan holds 7 qts. The manufacturer specifically requires the use of their inpan dipstick and you plug the hole in the block for the stock dipstick. Most tap the existing hole and put a pipe plug in it.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocoupe View Post
    My Canton 7 qt pan holds 7 qts. The manufacturer specifically requires the use of their inpan dipstick and you plug the hole in the block for the stock dipstick. Most tap the existing hole and put a pipe plug in it.
    No information like that came with the Hamburger pan kit from Summit. I didn't think it was a problem because the dipstick is in the stock depth. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check and see what they say.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey97D View Post
    Looks great.
    What gas tank are you going with? I replaced mine earlier this year with the Autozone model. Of course my gas gauge went on the fritz afterwards and the car wouldn't start until I had 10 gallons of fuel in the tank.
    Good luck on starting it soon!
    The gas tank I used was from Rock Auto, looks just like the original, pretty sturdy.

Fuel Tank- $134
    Spectra Premium, F23C

I'm using a AutoMeter fuel gauge and the sending unit is,

Fuel Tank Sending Unit- $103
    Tanks, Inc, T-ORG-06, 73-10 ohm, 6”

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tommym View Post
    The gas tank I used was from Rock Auto, looks just like the original, pretty sturdy.

Fuel Tank- $134
    Spectra Premium, F23C

I'm using a AutoMeter fuel gauge and the sending unit is,

Fuel Tank Sending Unit- $103
    Tanks, Inc, T-ORG-06, 73-10 ohm, 6”
    Thank you for the info on the sending unit and gauge you are using. Enjoying the pictures you are posting up on Facebook too.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey97D View Post
    Thank you for the info on the sending unit and gauge you are using. Enjoying the pictures you are posting up on Facebook too.
    I figure by posting pictures and a running commentary I'll be able to help someone avoid problems with parts or assembly. Most people that start a project like this do not realize the costs involved and when they do they end up sacrificing quality or skipping a step. I spent around 10 months doing research, seeing what others have done, and buying parts. I made the decision to use only new parts knowing the cost involved. I have a detailed parts list in a word document if anyone is interested.