Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast EFI and ram air......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Haystack View Post
    Do a Vic Jr efi and a 4150 throttle body.
    do this vinnie save you some cash

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Haystack View Post
    Do a Vic Jr efi and a 4150 throttle body.
    Then what about his mass air sensor?
    87 LX 302, E7's, ARP bolts, Mallory Unilite Distributor, MSD 6A, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Edelbrock 600 Carb, Flowtech Long tubes, 5Speed, 8.8w/4.10's, Granatelli Tube K-Member & LCA's, Coil Overs, KYB 4ways, CHE arms, 3" rear drop springs, BBK C/C Plates, SN-95 5-lug stuff, Fuel Cell, Battery Relocation, Mac Mufflers, Stinger Tails, Sunpro gauges, Custom Lip Spoiler

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

Another reason I kinda like the FAST EFI setup. I'm going to do more information seeking. As I stated..... I understand the SEFI style (an injector at every cylinder) may be better over all, but if I lost a few horsepower, I can live with that. I am ready for something a bit different, and that air cleaner and actual ram air sounds like a really cool idea, and the self learning FAST computer also sounds like a good idea.. I also like the idea of not pulling the intake and air intake to get my valve covers off. LOL.
    Last edited by vinnietbird; 11-03-2017 at 07:27 AM.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

90% of aftermarket stuff is sd and uses a map sensor. Sefi also have virtually no performance or gas mileage benefit, so most are also batch fire.

With the ram air a like a 70's car, it would be way easier to adapt a carb style throttle body. More power everywhere and cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I went carb for the cleaner look and it being cheap as can be. That was around the time the fast system was still new and pretty expensive along with the vic jr efi and they were almost the only options. I have the same round about idea in the long run with fitech. They make re-pop boss shakers. I dont think you'd be losing much in the way of performance.
    87 LX 302, E7's, ARP bolts, Mallory Unilite Distributor, MSD 6A, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Edelbrock 600 Carb, Flowtech Long tubes, 5Speed, 8.8w/4.10's, Granatelli Tube K-Member & LCA's, Coil Overs, KYB 4ways, CHE arms, 3" rear drop springs, BBK C/C Plates, SN-95 5-lug stuff, Fuel Cell, Battery Relocation, Mac Mufflers, Stinger Tails, Sunpro gauges, Custom Lip Spoiler

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

If you want to fab something you can try and re-create the system used on 03-04 Mach 1 Mustangs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

I like the shaker, and at one time, years ago, I had thought of going that route. BUT, with the current hood, it is always my very favorite part of the car and stays.

I have also thought of FITech system as well. With the master kits (EFI unit, O2 sensors, fuel lines and pump etc), they run almost the same as FAST. I will do more research to see which one is actually the better of the two, or, if they are practically the same in fit, form and function.

I am always under a zero dollar budget. I have to sell parts or trade or whatever to get funds for the Sport, so, it takes time. That isn't a problem as it gives me time to study up on all of this. I am still going back and forth on this stuff, but the more I think about it, the more I am wanting to do it. I also wonder how good the computer is that runs it all. 30 years of technology has passed since my car was built, and it's 30 year old or older technology running it. Yes, there are new computers for the cars we have, but I do like the ram air idea along with doing something different and still having the car be very functional and all purpose.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

a system sort of like this?

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

That's kind of what I'm after, but I don't want the oval air cleaner. Never did like those unless they are on top of two carbs. I want a round air cleaner like the 71 Mustang. Probably Ford Blue with a chrome top, and of course, the rubber seal. I can fabricate a duct for the hood, but it has to be right. That hood can't be messed up with ugly thrown together leftovers.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Right on bud I can see that working out real well