Thread: Turbo coupe nose on a cougar

Feedback Score

Default Turbo coupe nose on a cougar

Has anyone put the turbo coupe nose on a cougar before? I was wondering how it would look.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Doors forwards it will look like a tbird, not until you get to the back window there is a visual difference.

I swapped a 87 cougar front end in my 87 tbird. The trim lines up and all the lights plug right in. Looking at it head on, you couldnt tell any difference.Only a side profile would.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score

I'm thinking it would make the cougar look a little more sporty. lol I may give it a try.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

its been done,
    pics here somewhere by someone.....

one of the few female members here, "samantha"? cant remember here user name but it was an orange or maybe red coug with a bird nose

she was on here several years back,, it got wrecked though.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Didn't someone use the Cougar header and the TC bumper cover together? I think they cut the Cougar grill down to fit if I remember correctly.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score

Man I really would have liked to have seen it. I looked up the Samantha but no pics. I wondered about the turbo coupe bumper as well. Jus wasn't too keen on cutting the grill.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It was ... the guy with the turbo 5.8. Fast cat? He is an admin on sbftech.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

87 LX 302, E7's, ARP bolts, Mallory Unilite Distributor, MSD 6A, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Edelbrock 600 Carb, Flowtech Long tubes, 5Speed, 8.8w/4.10's, Granatelli Tube K-Member & LCA's, Coil Overs, KYB 4ways, CHE arms, 3" rear drop springs, BBK C/C Plates, SN-95 5-lug stuff, Fuel Cell, Battery Relocation, Mac Mufflers, Stinger Tails, Sunpro gauges, Custom Lip Spoiler

Feedback Score

I like the look of the cougar in the link. I think the turbo coupe bumper looks so much better than the cougars.