Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox Mustang door hinge pins=Fox Thunderbird door hinge pins?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Back when my car was being repainted (early 2001), the driver's door was sagging so the body guy bought one of those Help! hinge pin kits for it. IIRC there were two different sizes, we just picked the size that was closest and it was dead on. Been using it ever since with no issues. At that time, most door hinges used one of those two pin kits so it was no problem figuring out which one it was. Doesn't surprise me if a truck pin kit works on a car, or vice versa.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

All I can tell you is that the hinges on my Fox Mustang suuuuuck compared to the Birds hinges. I replaced all the hinges on my Bird in '98 when the car was repainted and they are still like new. I have put three sets of pins and bushings in the Mustang since 2000 and just put the fourth set in last month. You cannot replace the door side of the Mustang hinges as that is welded to the door which is a BS deal but I guess is cut down on assembly time.

Feedback Score

I came across this thread recently because I'm rebuilding a door hinge. The metal spring that holds the door check was broken like others - it turns out that both part numbers Aerocoupe provided are correct. You need one of each (E3SZ-6323504-A and E3SZ-63235A62-A), one is the spring, the other is a reinforcement.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This help kits are junk, at least the last one I bought. I bought 4 to take car of a saggy hinge and an extra set for my other car.

I don't know what those bushing are made of, but I broke all but one of then with my fingers. I ended up buying a pipe flange and drilling it out to the correct size that I picked up at tractor supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcassity
    I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
    Hooligans!
    1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
    1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
    1986 cougar.
    lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

As a FYI the LMR hinge pins worked fine on my car.
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6