Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The price of GAS!!!

Feedback Score

My TC is my daily driver to work right now for me too, since my other vehicle is a TrailBlazer 4x4. We have an '08 Cobalt which is awesome MPG but I don't drive it to work because my wife can't drive stick and doesn't want to drive a bigger vehicle either (I'm perfectly fine with that too lol). Been having a blast driving around the Tbird. I just hope that my landlord doesn't catch on I have three cars and tow one of them randomly. Luckily we are moving into our own house soon - just waiting to close on it. This gas is ridiculous. I hate paying over $4 a gallon, and I heard it's going to get over $5 this summer here. I'll be looking for a new job after we move too because even if I take a pay cut its still cheaper due to the drive from that city to this one eating up funds.

'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
    '02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
    '08 Chevy Cobalt

Feedback Score

your landlord will have a problem with you owning 3 vehicles and parking them on your property? good god, i'd be having fist fights with him on a daily basis LOL
    ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
    3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ZondaC12 View Post
    Attachment 29151

The financial products market is so wildly complex and every new thing they come up with is ten times more so, that you have to take a high-level college class just to understand how the mechanics of the trading even work!!!
    I did and I still don't understand it fully....
    '88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock 70mm TB, 76mm C&L MAF, 30lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, AOD with 2800 PI converter, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 31 spline Traction-Lok, 31 spline Moser axles, 04 Cobra front arms, Maximum Motorsports extreme duty rear arms, subframes.
    '11 Focus, '12 Mustang 3.7, '17 Accord EX-L V6

Feedback Score

I have worked in the oil/gas drilling industry for 26 yrs and the price of oil is based on a world market. If anyone wants to get mad, look at the taxation applied to fuels. Oil has made our lives what they are today. Without the progress we have made due to petroleum, we would still be in horse and buggy days. I love oil, its made our lives great. Milk costs about the same as a gallon of gas.
    1988 Thunderbird LX 557/C6 project. UPR tube K-member, A-Arms, Strange 10 way adjustable coilovers. SN-95 spindle,brakes. Manual rack, bump steer kit. MM castor/camber plates, Dynatech 2 1/8 swap headers. Quick 9" 35 spline Moser axles,CHE lower c arms,

Feedback Score

I find it incredible that people, just like you and me in many ways, can make a decision to increase the price of something that everyone uses. They buy gas, and milk, as well. They pay the same prices we do. The difference between us and them is they make enough money to where they don't care about the price of gas or milk or anything else because they have money, and usually lots of it. So the rich get richer and there ain't a damn thing we can do about it. I wonder though, if I were in their shoes, would I be just as greddy.
    STEVE

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird1 View Post
    I wonder though, if I were in their shoes, would I be just as greddy.
    they say money changes people.. but if you come from some kind of hardship, i doubt it'll change your outlook on things.. i'm willing to bet a lot of it has to do with 'daddy passing his company on to his children' and being younger, they're money hungry.. i've come to realize, most people who are born into money want more, like it's going extinct
    ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
    3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Feedback Score

It's good to be retired. I feel sorry for anybody who has to buy gas every month.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Gasoline? Merely the price of admission. That's how I look at it anyway, long live the small block Ford!
    2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
    5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Feedback Score

OPEC sets the price of oil, not individuals within a company. The notion that oil companies are greedy is simply not true. The last well we drilled, they spent 30 million drilling it and it barely made any gas. Just one example.
    1988 Thunderbird LX 557/C6 project. UPR tube K-member, A-Arms, Strange 10 way adjustable coilovers. SN-95 spindle,brakes. Manual rack, bump steer kit. MM castor/camber plates, Dynatech 2 1/8 swap headers. Quick 9" 35 spline Moser axles,CHE lower c arms,

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by V10KLZZ71S View Post
    OPEC sets the price of oil, not individuals within a company. The notion that oil companies are greedy is simply not true. The last well we drilled, they spent 30 million drilling it and it barely made any gas. Just one example.
    Uhhh... ya.. ok. Your right in one aspect, OPEC does set the oil prices, but the oil companies do set the prices for gas. I hauled gas for a short time and got out of it when it was starting to get scary to haul (as in truck getting tampered with for the gas or getting jacked).
    So a 400 million profit from the first quarter last year isn't greedy?? It used to be gas prices only changed when a station took delivery of a load of fuel, now it changes 2 or 3 times in between deliveries!!

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
    16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
    17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

“Heavy Metal Mistress”