Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYS Law inquery here...paul if you couled help it would be greatly appreciated

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default NYS Law inquery here...paul if you couled help it would be greatly appreciated

im looking to do check engine light scanner service here in my town because i know for a fact that local shops around here will not offer this service to coustomers they have to go in and actually ask for it. so what i was looking to do if the law provides it. is do the check engine scanning for the coustomers and print off whats actually wrong with the vehicle so that there mechanic can diagnoss the problen and also repair the problem without using there scanners. now i need to know is this legal in New York State?
    Last edited by Cougar8775; 03-26-2005 at 10:25 AM.
    2001 Buick Regal LS (DD)

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Re: NYS Law inquery here...paul if you couled help it would be greatly appreciated

anyone?
    2001 Buick Regal LS (DD)

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Re: NYS Law inquery here...paul if you couled help it would be greatly appreciated

you try about.com?
    It's Gumby's fault.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

yeah and a google serch and came up with everything elts bout nys laws and automotive repair but nothing on the exact laws and all. i just need to know if lrgally i can scan vehicle computers and charge em for the service. its not like im sitting there turning wrenches on the car itself.
    2001 Buick Regal LS (DD)

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I'm not too sure on that one. I don't see why there would be a problem with it, however I will double check. Just sounds like good ol American Free Enterprise to me!
    -- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !! -- 87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's! http://www.fquick.com/V8Demon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

thank you i appreciate your opinoin. ill call dmv on monday for info on that. and thank you again.
    2001 Buick Regal LS (DD)

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I don't deal with that stuff too much....Mostly Penal law, Criminal procedure law and town ordinances and such......I'll see if I can get an answer tonight at work!
    -- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !! -- 87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's! http://www.fquick.com/V8Demon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

thanx man! i appreciate it.
    2001 Buick Regal LS (DD)

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

if all else fails, theres always the jumped wire/check engine light method, or test light method
    It's Gumby's fault.

MDJ1281 Guest

autozone provides a service to check the codes for free if the light is on.