Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What is this sensor?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

    Default What is this sensor?

    On the passenger side of my 1987 turbo coupe, behind the air box is a black box. It clicks when I turn the key. Anyone know what it is?

    I believe on the back of it the B/MAP sensor is screwed to it. The sensor box in question also has a mass of wires running to it.

    Anyone know what this is, and is it supposed to click?

    The shop manuals says its a controller and bracket assembly. Controller for what? And again is it supposed to click?
    Last edited by jpc647; 08-10-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Found more information

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Pasadena, MD
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)


    It is the IRCM box. It had the EEC relay, the A/C relay, the A/C WOT relay, both fan relays, fuel pump relay, and some other odds and ends in it. They are supposed to click.
    It's Gumby's fault.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts