Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eBay whoops...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default eBay whoops...

I need some experienced ebay advice... I made a big big mistake. Recently I listed a fox Capri spoiler from an old RS that I've had sitting around. Good news... it sold for about $50. Bad news? I somehow estimated the shipping at $30. Actual shipping cost? $90 - $200. Any ideas what I can do? I AM NOT paying to have this thing shipped.

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

Contact the guy who bought it,tell him that you made a mistake on shipping,and give him the option of paying more for shipping,or giving him a refund.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

you just screwed yourself and have to suck it up. on the positive side.... got any pics? I may buy it off you at CJ if you dont go through with it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Generally, UPS is the cheapest way to ship from here (Ohio) unless the box or the item is oversized. Then it's cheaper to go USPS. Just my observation.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, I dunno wtf I was thinking. I listed it with $25.50 est shipping USPS and $35 for UPS. UPS lady quoted me $90 because it's oversized.

I don't think the guy is going to want to pay the $90 for the shipping, so hopefully he'll agree to a full refund. Ugh... every time I tell myself that I'm not listing anymore big items, I do.

Feedback Score

Check with your local Greyhound Bus station. The buyer will have to agree to go to one to pick it up but the bumper cover I bought from a seller in MO didn't cost that much to get to FL that way....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, I sent an email as follows:

I'm afraid I've got some unfortunate news regarding the spoiler. Somehow I must've miscalculated the shipping costs because when I stopped at the post office today, they quoted me shipping at nearly $200. I realized then that UPS is usually cheaper for such large boxes (the box is close to 60" tall and 15" by 15". But unfortunately UPS wanted nearly around $100 as well. That being said I can offer you a full refund plus 5% on top of your total cost (price + shipping) to cover the paypal fees on your end. That's the only alternative I have to paying the much higher-than-anticipated shipping costs. I'm hoping this unfortunate mishap doesn't sour your eBay experience. Let me know which course of action you'd like to take.
    What MEGA-ULTRA-SUPER fvcking SUCKS is that I can give this guy a full refund and then some and he could ****ing still NEG me and poof, there goes my new found 100%.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If you offered a full refund I cant see him doing that... If he does, he is a dick to begin with.

Feedback Score

Well, In my experience, most people are dicks to begin with.

LOL
    88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Feedback Score

Just ship it and don't screw up again.
    1987 Tbird 5.0 swap, go fast mods coming soon....