Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Chuck's '83 TBird

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Not much to report.

Still waiting on parts that were ordered to finish the upper links (The idiots sent them to my old address...even though they JUST sent me an order to my current address a week before) and dealing with the tedium of cutting out the factory RUCA brackets.

I did pick up material to build my new RUCA cross-brace, so that's headway, I guess.
    Long live the 4-eyes! - '83 Tbird Turbo

Feedback Score
    135 (100%)

At least you are working on the old Bird. I'm waiting til Spring to get back to wrenching.
    '88 Sport--T-5,HURST shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vinnietbird View Post
    At least you are working on the old Bird. I'm waiting til Spring to get back to wrenching.
    Well, I haven't done much to it in years. It's due.

Seeing as I'm waiting on parts and tools to do more work on the back of the car, I moved to the front, to start digging into the lighting upgrade.

As you recall, I bought Eric's old H4 Conversion Kit earlier last year. My car is still running the original lighting set-up and it's bad enough that I can't run the high-beams w/o overheating the light switch. That's not going to cut it.

So, the easy way to do this was just to unplug the old lights and pull the connectors out of the way, run the new harness, make 4 wiring connections, and be done with it.

That's the easy way. Stupid me has other ideas.

I went ahead and liberated the stock harness from the car.

The plan is to remove the stock wiring for the headlights and replace it with the larger gauge wiring from the new harness.

Then I'm going to bundle it all back together.

That male connector is what connects to the DS of the stock harness into the original bulb socket. It acts as a trigger for the power relays for each of the Lo and Hi beam circuits.

I will probably replace that connection with a better connector. Like a Weather Pack, or similar.

Those relays are probably fine, as they are, but I've got a new relay/power box coming that is going to house all of the lighting relays, as well as the fan relay, plus a couple other circuits that are currently just with in-line fuses in the engine bay. So, I'll probably run the wiring for the relays into this new distribution box, to clean things up.

More on all of that when it arrives.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Got the upper links welded over the weekend.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

This should handle those RUCA brackets...