Skip to main content
Topic: Rear interior sail panel lamps. (Read 1297 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear interior sail panel lamps.

Anybody have a part number for the rear interior light housings on the sail panels, specifically the 87-88s?  Probably something along the lines of "XXXX-13776-a".

Reason I ask is that the it appears that the trim surround and wiring on these didn't really change much over a 30 year span and the biggest change seems to be the type of bulb used.  This may open up a lot of possibilities.  Looks like some of the older late 60s-early 70s models use a type 89 bulb or equivalent.  That'd probably be one you'd wanna use an LED in place of an incandescent.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Re: Rear interior sail panel lamps.

Reply #1
P/n from a 1990 (these were painted to match the interior color):
FOSZ13776C (passenger side)

1965 p/n (OEM style like ours, with chrome surround):
C4SZ13776

It looks like Scott Drake sells reproduction new replacements now, so that's a great option. Look under "interior quarter panel lights".

Reply #2
I actually saw those which led me to do a little digging and contributed to my initial post.  I actually wish I could find the trim surround by itself but that appears to be a no-go.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #3
I looked at some that I have and there does not appear to be an actual number on them. Are you needing some? I have plenty of them.

Reply #4
Mine are functional and are all there, however the fake chrome on the beauty ring that surrounds it has seen better days.  It's such that no one sits in the rear of the car anymore and it was probably years since I actually took a good look at them.  I got a lot going on right now.  Shoot me a pic of what you got.  If they're clean we can work something out.