Skip to main content
Topic: Rear interior sail panel lamps. (Read 40 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear interior sail panel lamps.

Anybody have a part number for the rear interior light housings on the sail panels, specifically the 87-88s?  Probably something along the lines of "XXXX-13776-a".

Reason I ask is that the it appears that the trim surround and wiring on these didn't really change much over a 30 year span and the biggest change seems to be the type of bulb used.  This may open up a lot of possibilities.  Looks like some of the older late 60s-early 70s models use a type 89 bulb or equivalent.  That'd probably be one you'd wanna use an LED in place of an incandescent.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Re: Rear interior sail panel lamps.

Reply #1
P/n from a 1990 (these were painted to match the interior color):
FOSZ13776C (passenger side)

1965 p/n (OEM style like ours, with chrome surround):
C4SZ13776

It looks like Scott Drake sells reproduction new replacements now, so that's a great option. Look under "interior quarter panel lights".

Reply #2
I actually saw those which led me to do a little digging and contributed to my initial post.  I actually wish I could find the trim surround by itself but that appears to be a no-go.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #3
I looked at some that I have and there does not appear to be an actual number on them. Are you needing some? I have plenty of them.