Skip to main content
Topic: Newer style fiesta or focus wheels on t bird? (Read 1684 times) previous topic - next topic

Newer style fiesta or focus wheels on t bird?

Been looking around at alot of wheel choices and i am kind of fond of some of the focus style of wheels and they are the same 4 lug bolt pattern but has anyone put them on your bird? i kind of like the stock ford wheel look but with the slightly larger modern profile wheel. Any pictures of them on your bird or issues with spacing and whatnot? some pictures for example of a couple of the styles i found, there is quite a few more i believe. Thoughts and ideas?

Re: Newer style fiesta or focus wheels on t bird?

Reply #1
The backspacing is way the hell off....
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
I've got an '02 Focus, and just for giggles I mounted one of my 16" TC snowflakes wheels on the back to see what it looked like.  It bolted on, but man, talk about an offset difference!  Stuck out from under the rear fender probably 4+". 

Reply #3
I just dug into the offsets a bit for the Fiesta ST wheels. You're looking at sucking the wheels inward about 22mm compared to a 10 hole wheel. That's close to 7/8"

By the time you buy wheels, and then spacers, you would probably be better off buying something that would fit properly from the start.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
Hmm i figured as much, i figured it would not hurt to check and see what others thought.. i will more then likely go with something more like a cobra r replica but i really like the more stock ford wheel look and plus its something not everyone else is running. Thanks for the input!

Reply #6
Another issue you will have with FWD wheels is the center bore depth and diameter. I purchased one wheel to test fit and ended up sending it back. I could have opened up the bore but the grease cap would have extended past the face of the wheel.
 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VYURJE0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old thread I know, but I have a question specifically related to this topic...

Planning on doing a five lug swap on my 88TC, and was going to take the 16's from the bird and put them on my '15 Fiesta (yes I know the offset/backspacing...I'm actually planning on it.) The real question is: Are the center bores on the stock Fiesta wheels too small to fit on the (front spindles of the) bird as temporary wheels while I get things together for the 5 lug swap?

I'd like to keep the car off of jack stands as long as possible, and I find it rather convenient the bolt patterns are the same. I don't expect to be driving the car while it's on the Fiesta wheels so the whole lug centric vs hub centric and clearance at speed/lock to lock isn't really an issue. If no one has an answer already I suppose I could answer this myself this weekend...
'88 Turbocoupe 5 speed.