Skip to main content
Topic: NEW 10 hole wheels (Read 2306 times) previous topic - next topic

NEW 10 hole wheels

Would ya look at that: https://lmr.com/products/mustang-10-hole-wheels

Now if LMR could make them in 16 or 17 inch sizes I'd be all over that. I doubt they could enlarge them though. It would probably throw the proportions of the holes off.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Re: NEW 10 hole wheels

Reply #1
I'm mostly disappointed that they only offer them in a stock width.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
Way way back there was a thread on the corral about someone making, or attempting to have made a set of 10 holes in bigger dia and width.

I followed the thread, even posted a time or two in it, but nothing ever came of it. In fact, I haven't been ON the corral in probably two years if not more. Place kinda died out, thanks to shagin' facebook.

Anywho, it's cool there's a source for new original style wheels. No doubt due the lack of an offering for them by that mustang parts out...LMR? or something? I dunno.

I kinda like 'em, but I'd like 'em a lot more if they had them in 8 and 9 inch width, and 17, 18" dia.

As for proportions, if they simply scaled everything up, it would probably look fine. Only the fox guys would look at em and tell that they're bigger than the old stuff, if such a vision came true, that is..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
They are also offering the original Goodyear Gatorback tires, but the price is ridiculous.  Over 300$ per tire.
Mike

Reply #4
I saw the Keystone-refinished rims and repro Goodyear Gatorback VR's on a car last weekend at Carlisle; it was a 35K-mile original 1986 Mustang GT in awesome shape. He paid a LOT of money to be factory correct.

You know something? It was worth every penny. Looked like a brand-new car thanks to the correct factory rims and tires. I mean, it was a true back-in-the-day experience.

For a daily driver this rim/tire combo makes zero sense. But for show cars...YASSS QUEEN.  :roxor:

Reply #5
That is a nice car.  Antenna delete?

I spy a Tbird in the background.  What was its story?
Mike

Reply #6
Yeah, radio delete. It's been a minute since I've seen an actual antenna delete plate like that.

The T-Bird...they're from Illinois, not sure if they're on the board or FB (Loren Peterson). The previous owner did all kinds of mods, like filled in some of the body seams--including the rear quarter panel-to-roof seam. Yeah, it flexed and the seam was popping a little bit. I was like, "That dude had some balls of steel!" Otherwise it was clean and still had most of the unique '83 bits. Actually all the cars under the Fox featured tent were in great shape, very friendly owners, we had a good time.
https://www.carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/invitationals?id=ford+nationals

Reply #7
So are the wheels 5.0 Resto is selling refinished factory wheels or new castings?

If these were made in a 17X8 size I'd be all over them. I like the look but the size isn't cutting it for me with the way my car is set up.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9

Now if LMR could make them in 16 or 17 inch sizes I'd be all over that. I doubt they could enlarge them though. It would probably throw the proportions of the holes off.

Agreed, if they could make them in a 5-lug 17x8 & 9's to clear 13" Cobra brakes and still able to make them look proportionally correct, I would think they would be a decent seller.
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #10

Agreed, if they could make them in a 5-lug 17x8 & 9's to clear 13" Cobra brakes and still able to make them look proportionally correct, I would think they would be a decent seller.

Yup. I'd be a buyer if they were 17X8 or 17X9.

Reply #11
I bet these are reconditioned wheels by Keystone LKQ (used to be TransWheel) in Indiana.  I have the reconditioned TurboCoupe snowflake wheels from them on my car and you can't tell them from new. In fact, I believe they actually did a better machined face on the wheel than the OE wheel supplier.  :birdsmily:

1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #12
I bet these are reconditioned wheels by Keystone LKQ (used to be TransWheel) in Indiana.  I have the reconditioned TurboCoupe snowflake wheels from them on my car and you can't tell them from new. In fact, I believe they actually did a better machined face on the wheel than the OE wheel supplier.  :birdsmily:

Did you send your wheels in or just buy them already reconditioned from Keystone?

Reply #13
I bought them reconditioned from Keystone (through RockAuto) and just sold my old ones locally. Was probably cheaper than having the old ones shipped back and forth. Plus, I'm not even sure if Keystone works directly with individuals, probably not.
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #14
Their website isn't user friendly so I figure probably not.