Skip to main content
Topic: Engine Mounts (Read 3871 times) previous topic - next topic

Engine Mounts

Now that Chuck is out of the business of making badass shiznit, who do I turn to for engine mounts?  I've recently started hearing the safeties on my hydraulic mounts banging over bumps and moving into and out of WOT.  For mercy's sake help me.

Engine Mounts

Reply #1
we pulled the pins on my son's bird before yanking the motor,

to my surprise the lower half of each mount stayed behind.  the engine was not connnected to the car!

I see the rubber is still for sale,

Engine Mounts

Reply #2
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;461376
Now that Chuck is out of the business of making badass shiznit, who do I turn to for engine mounts?  I've recently started hearing the safeties on my hydraulic mounts banging over bumps and moving into and out of WOT.  For mercy's sake help me.

On my 87 Bird with the 302,  while I had the engine out, I had a little extra time so I went ahead and had my buddy cut the mount stands off the K and weld the Mustang ones in their place that I had cut off a fox Mustang K member I picked up at a swap meet for $20 a long time ago.  They fit perfectly to the Kmember and it cost me $40 for the welding work.

It now uses regular Fox mustang mounts or I could upgrade to the Energy Suspension ones later. And now there's room for long tube headers without hitting the engine mounts.

Engine Mounts

Reply #3
buy a welder :hick:

Engine Mounts

Reply #4
I have a set of the mounts, they need the fasteners and cushions, but I have the tops and bottom pieces.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Engine Mounts

Reply #6
take a look at the material used on loading docs.
the big hunks of black rubber chunks made for simi rigs to bump into.

that would amost dupicate what chuck stuffed into his mounts.

i think i may be the last guy to install a set of his mounts... never bought a set for me,, but my boys are happy.

Engine Mounts

Reply #7
I've got solid rubber cushions in the stock mounts. I haven't broken them yet.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Engine Mounts

Reply #8
I guess no one has read the other post. ;)

A new vendor is pending. I won't speak to any details on the timeline, as they will have things to sort out.

Fear not, true believers. The mounts will be reborn.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Engine Mounts

Reply #9
Quote from: Chuck W;461533
I guess no one has read the other post. ;)

A new vendor is pending. I won't speak to any details on the timeline, as they will have things to sort out.

Fear not, true believers. The mounts will be reborn.

thats good news.

i opened up my type 6 mounts,,
one thing i noticed was there was  not a way for me to tell which was left or right.

i have a few pics in my engine swapping thread.. the mounts are set as to how i think they go.

Engine Mounts

Reply #10
The bigger mount is the DS one.

It also has the offset lower U-bracket.

EDIT - Looks like you have them installed on the correct sides. :)

Re: Engine Mounts

Reply #11
Bump.

Any update on the new mount vendor???  Thanks.
Mike

Re: Engine Mounts

Reply #13
Those are not my motor mounts.

These are the guys who took the open sourced files for the shock brackets and SFC crossbars and produced them, but they're not the guys who have my motor mount info.

No idea when/if the other party is going to do anything with my old info.