Skip to main content
Topic: Throttle to gas pedal cable (Read 1638 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Throttle to gas pedal cable

Reply #15
Evidently the thread I listed did not make it in the migration to the new board.

Found the part numbers for the Mustangs again.  Based this off of a 93 Ford Mustang 5.0

Automatic Trans  - E6SZ-9A758-A
Manual Trans - E6ZZ-9A758-A

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang coupe that beat your mom's LTD

Reply #16
Evidently the thread I listed did not make it in the migration to the new board.

Found the part numbers for the Mustangs again.  Based this off of a 93 Ford Mustang 5.0

Automatic Trans  - E6SZ-9A758-A
Manual Trans - E6ZZ-9A758-A

Why is there a different part number for the manual vs. automatic cable? They should be the same part, at least on the throttle body end. The two cables should also be the same length. Is the attachment at the throttle pedal in the car different between the two?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #17
Possibly a stiffer return spring due to the kick down cable? Never had to mess with an auto car but I do know that every auto to manual conversion I’ve helped with we have not changed the throttle cable.  Never went the other way (manual to auto) so no experience there.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang coupe that beat your mom's LTD