Skip to main content
Topic: ThunderCat Day 2014 - Aug. 23 (Read 18710 times) previous topic - next topic

ThunderCat Day 2014 - Aug. 23

Reply #45
Quote from: Drewstang;437299
Is there a rough estimate of how many cars will be there? Since mine is no where near running or driving state, I'll be in the SHO but hate to drive 2 hours for a handful of cars.
I believe everyone who is likely to show has posted in this thread. If you decide not to come, there will be one less.
I rarely head-count until the actual event happens, for any car meet. Too many no-shows to get everyone's hopes up.

I repeat to my local club often, if you want more stuff to happen you gotta just do stuff. Partition is exponential. When you do stuff, others will join in. If you sit around waiting, how many others are waiting as well?
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #46
Quote from: Drewstang;437299
Is there a rough estimate of how many cars will be there? Since mine is no where near running or driving state, I'll be in the SHO but hate to drive 2 hours for a handful of cars.

I drove 4 hours to in a non-Ford hybrid! :mullet: I go months without seeing a Fox T-bird/Cougar, and when I do, it's invariably a beater. Rare chance to see the Foxes and the people who care about them!

Quote from: Ether947;437300
Well, I goofed and forgot to book my room and now they be all gone. :(

So I booked a room at Comfort Inn, right down the road from Champion Ford.

See you guys tomorrow!

I fell victim to this two years ago. For whatever reason, this Days Inn blocks out all reservations online whenabouts the ThunderCat Day occurs. You have to call to get a room. I made my reservation about 6pm today. lol.

Bedtime for deez nutz.

Reply #47
Gumby , did you all decide on a breakfast place joint this morning ?

Reply #48
No group plans for breakfast this AM. Doughnuts at the shop

Reply #49
Quote from: gumby;437308
I believe everyone who is likely to show has posted in this thread. If you decide not to come, there will be one less.
I rarely head-count until the actual event happens, for any car meet. Too many no-shows to get everyone's hopes up.

I repeat to my local club often, if you want more stuff to happen you gotta just do stuff. Partition is exponential. When you do stuff, others will join in. If you sit around waiting, how many others are waiting as well?
Good point. Unfortunately my plans changed this morning, and I won't be free to go. Is this an annual event?

Reply #50
This is our 5th year in a row but our date has changed just about every year.

Reply #51
Just got out of the pool while everyone else took naps...who are these people I hangout with??? Headed for a cruise night after some dinner.

Antonio, it was good to meet you! Hope to see some of the pics you took very soon.

Reply #52
Thanks Greg for hosting another great Dyno event and for all of the attendees great seeing you guys again, besides the scorching temps we had a great turnout for the this Dyno day. :birdsmily::cougarsmily::flame:

p.s. And yes there is a plan for our 6th year Of this gathering in 2015 fella's. :headbang:

Reply #53
Quote from: gumby;437338
Antonio, it was good to meet you! Hope to see some of the pics you took very soon.

It was nice meeting you too!

I had fun even though the weather wasn't ideal.

I posted my pics here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97484647@N02/sets/72157646759343826/

IMG_3365.jpg by ether947, on Flickr
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #54
Best car at the shop... ;)

Couldn't find a tie-down on the front due to the mass of plastic for aero, so no dyno numbers! :p

Reply #55
Wow! There were a lot of nice rides there!  I'm going to have to go one of these years...we'll see if I can blow the dyno up with my high-mile 5.0. 

I really like that white Ranger w/2.3T.  That little truck is super cool!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #57
Quote from: 50tbrd88;437444
I'm going to have to go one of these years...
I drive down thru Bloomington, and right past Bloomfield every year...

Reply #58
Quote from: gumby;437484
I drive down thru Bloomington, and right past Bloomfield every year...

Well we could just make a convoy out of it then!  I was up through Mooresville a few weeks ago heading to the state fair.  I looked for your car at that parts place you work part time but didn't spot it.  Thought I'd stop and say "hi" if you were around.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #59
Yeah, the Tbird was down with a busted control arm right around fair time. :disappoin