Skip to main content
Topic: a VERY DIFFERENT approach to porting (Read 4792 times) previous topic - next topic

a VERY DIFFERENT approach to porting

Reply #30
On an engine where getting air in and out quickly increases performance, I think you have to be an idiot to think restricting air will help and engine.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #31
its not a matter of restricting, its a matter of optimization.  We all know bigger is not always better.  If it was we would all have 6" dual smoke stacks on our cars.  Its tuning (no not like imports like to use the word) but "fine tuning" engine components.  HP2G has proved to the world that improving the efficiency of EVERY part of the engine not only improves mileage dramatically but it also does wonderful things for power.  Its just a shame they dont want to share their research with the rest of us.

Reply #32
Quote from: atroxr7;385665
If it was we would all have 6" dual smoke stacks on our cars.

bite your tongue! i would rather run stock exhaust.. stacks are ridiculous and stupid, i wish they were illegal.. especially with the morons with spoogemins diesels put a 10" stack in the center of the bed :barf:
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver