Fox T-Bird/Cougar Forums

General => Show Photos => Topic started by: thunderjet302 on August 15, 2015, 05:13:19 PM

Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: thunderjet302 on August 15, 2015, 05:13:19 PM
Yesterday the second annual Garfield Ridge (the name of the Chicago neighborhood I live in) cruise night. Contrary to popular belief there are safe neighborhoods in Chicago besides downtown, the ones where all the City of Chicago employees live ;). I've seen enough 60's Mustangs, Chevelles, Camaros, GTOs, etc to last a life time. I've concentrated on taking pictures of interesting Fox-body Fords at car shows. They are mostly antique cars now and not daily drivers so why not :hick:. There were two '89 Mustang GT convertibles at the show but I didn't get pictures of them. All in all around 80 cars showed up from the neighborhood and surrounding suburbs.

First up my car. You may have seen this one before ;). And yes empanads are tasty.
(http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/thunderjet302/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/tbirdgridge_zpsteerfhcr.jpg) (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/thunderjet302/media/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/tbirdgridge_zpsteerfhcr.jpg.html)


Next a clean Fairmont with a factory 302. When was the last time you saw one of these?
(http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/thunderjet302/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/fairmont_zpsvm5ifmlf.jpg) (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/thunderjet302/media/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/fairmont_zpsvm5ifmlf.jpg.html)
(http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/thunderjet302/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/fairmontengine_zpspnyomraa.jpg) (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/thunderjet302/media/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/fairmontengine_zpspnyomraa.jpg.html)
(http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/thunderjet302/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/fairmontint_zpsfux0ola2.jpg) (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/thunderjet302/media/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/fairmontint_zpsfux0ola2.jpg.html)


Here's about a genuine 93 Cobra with some light modifications.
(http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/thunderjet302/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/cobrafront_zpsb4usbzgz.jpg) (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/thunderjet302/media/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/cobrafront_zpsb4usbzgz.jpg.html)
(http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/thunderjet302/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/cobrarear_zpspf0tdwyo.jpg) (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/thunderjet302/media/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/cobrarear_zpspf0tdwyo.jpg.html)
(http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/thunderjet302/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/cobraint_zpsztilzeuo.jpg) (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/thunderjet302/media/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/cobraint_zpsztilzeuo.jpg.html)
(http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/thunderjet302/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/cobraengine_zpshbzldd1i.jpg) (http://s198.photobucket.com/user/thunderjet302/media/Garfield%20Ridge%202015/cobraengine_zpshbzldd1i.jpg.html)
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: ISTLCRUZ on August 15, 2015, 07:09:34 PM
Looks like a good show.. That Fairmont is CLEAN. :cool:. Also is that a Cutlass 442 in the first pic? Always a fan of that body style.
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: mercury-man on August 16, 2015, 04:41:00 PM
Thanks for sharing your pics Lou. :headbang:
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: thunderjet302 on August 16, 2015, 10:57:14 PM
Quote from: ISTLCRUZ;450640
Looks like a good show.. That Fairmont is CLEAN. :cool:. Also is that a Cutlass 442 in the first pic? Always a fan of that body style.

That Fairmont is begging for a H/C/I swap.

The Cutlass next to my car was a 78 or 79 bustle back 442. It looks better in the picture. It's a little rough but it's in all original condition.
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: gtbird on August 17, 2015, 08:54:54 AM
I recently was at an SVT cruise with my Cobra and a guy showed up with a 79 Fairmount with a 97 Cobra motor. He also managed to get an early 90's Mustang dash grafted nicely into the car.
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: thunderjet302 on August 17, 2015, 04:16:02 PM
Quote from: gtbird;450675
I recently was at an SVT cruise with my Cobra and a guy showed up with a 79 Fairmount with a 97 Cobra motor. He also managed to get an early 90's Mustang dash grafted nicely into the car.

That sounds pretty cool. I'd go with a SN95 dash over a Fox one personally.
Title: Cobra Fairmont
Post by: gtbird on August 18, 2015, 09:05:15 AM
I found a picture of the car.
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: ISTLCRUZ on August 18, 2015, 09:24:11 AM
I have seen that car on Four Eyed Pride. He has a build thread I believe? Very nice ride. I really like these cars.
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: Lodemia on August 19, 2015, 12:34:12 PM
I had a Fairmont that I picked up for little of nothing.  It had a 6 banger, but the body was perfect, especially for being in IL.  While I was showing a guy another car, he saw it and had to have it.  I actually think the market is better for those than it is for the fox thundercats.  I've never accidentally sold a Thunderbird!


The Fairmount in the first post is a step in the right direction, but I still don't know why ford spent so many years routing the A/C lines from one side of the car to the other.  It's just sloppy to purposefully route the A/C line between the intake and the hood, yet Ford did it that way for years for the fox chassis (compare the Fairmount with the Cobra, for example)
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: thunderjet302 on August 19, 2015, 01:38:16 PM
Quote from: gtbird;450696
I found a picture of the car.

That is awesome.
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: thunderjet302 on August 19, 2015, 01:40:36 PM
Quote from: Lodemia;450723
I had a Fairmont that I picked up for little of nothing.  It had a 6 banger, but the body was perfect, especially for being in IL.  While I was showing a guy another car, he saw it and had to have it.  I actually think the market is better for those than it is for the fox thundercats.  I've never accidentally sold a Thunderbird!


The Fairmount in the first post is a step in the right direction, but I still don't know why ford spent so many years routing the A/C lines from one side of the car to the other.  It's just sloppy to purposefully route the A/C line between the intake and the hood, yet Ford did it that way for years for the fox chassis (compare the Fairmount with the Cobra, for example)


The only problem with 6 cylinder Fairmonts is that you have to swap the K-member to a I4 or V8 K-member to swap a V8 into the car. Most Fairmonts I've seen have been 6 cylinder cars. The factory V8 ones are kinda rare.
Title: Annual neighborhood cruise night
Post by: Lodemia on August 19, 2015, 01:45:07 PM
Quote from: thunderjet302;450726
The only problem with 6 cylinder Fairmonts is that you have to swap the K-member to a I4 or V8 K-member to swap a V8 into the car. Most Fairmonts I've seen have been 6 cylinder cars. The factory V8 ones are kinda rare.

As you know that wouldn't be a problem.  I have an extra or four...