Mine has a home brewed true dual setup no crossover no cats factory sized pipe with glasspacks. Doesn't sound too bad. I'll have to see if I can get a clip and some pics tomorrow. I want to do a "before and after" anyways lol
Been debating on respraying the whole interior since the dash has some minor cracks, the headliner is just painted cardboard (so dead nuts on the color didn't notice it at first lol), and the rear panels are pretty faded. So a close match would work for me. I'll check out that link. Not sure why I didn't look there first lol. Thanks
I've made shorty's work on a buddy's 20th before but that was years ago and I cant remember what all we did lol. Wasn't much tho. I know floor shift and longtubes are doable but I think I'm limited to bbk on that. Guess I'll have to suck it up patch the leaks for now lol. Shes got some home brew true dual setup with no cats and glasspacks right now. Was a decent job until they decided to cut the cats out that they put in and welds on the new pipe leak.
Anyone know if this blue is still available and if not is there another color that is close? Wanting to get started on recoloring my center console here soon. Also gonna try and make a cup holder that will set inside the trim piece for a floor shifter lol.
Been pondering a similar trip myself. Except I'll be going from akron oh to my sisters house in myrtle beach. Did it in a rental last year. Got a fusion hybrid and made it the 10hr ish drive on a single tank lol. Hoping to take my 102k mile 5.0 bird down but I'm leary lol. Car runs and drives good just still has some little things that need done.
Gonna be redoing the exhaust on the bird at some point and weighing some options. I know what will work with a t5 but I know aods make things tough and even more so on a column shift. Just wondering what works right now.
Figured I'd post up the other money pit lol. Not much been done to it so far other than pulling the wore out 302 that was in it. Currently I have a 95 351w roller shortblock with low miles waiting on my to buy a set of heads and toss it in.
Truck in great shape apart from the bed that a previous swapped cause theirs was shot. At some point it was swapped to a np435 trans from the original c6. Cab forward is mint apart from the pass cab corner and bottom of pass door.
Current plans are just to get it on the road again since the tbird I got a few months ago took the trickflow head money away lol. At some point I'll go 408 with some good heads and do a crown vic crossmember swap and a different trans but for now I'm gonna find a set of stock heads and get her going again.
I've scrapped two of these cars due to serious rust issues and the parts I regret pulling were mainly trim pieces random interior parts. It's amazing how hard the little things are to find. I'm not sure how the cars are where your at but I'd pull whatever seems to need replaced the most out there as long as it's in good shape. Best way would be to get another one and swap what you need over.
If it wasn't for all the ziebart coating under the car and oil from leaks id've just torched them out but I found out that ziebart burns when heated enough and I didn't want to deal with that lol. I went through a 5 pack of diablo bimetal blades first try and only got halfway through and gave these a try lol. Pass side was a piece of cake tho they came right out lol. I just hope the back end goes smooth
The more I look into it the more I agree. I know some people have used the stocker with good results but let's face it its a 34 year old pump. Its probably not up to par as is even tho it's only got 102k on it lol.
Looking at ordering a 15:1 rack setup from lmr. Anything I should know before buying? Mainly wondering if the stock pump will work with it. It comes with new bushings and tie rod ends and I'm assuming the rod ends will work on my 85 but I'm not sure.
I'll find out soon enough I guess. Got some oil leaks to take care of and may end up having to pull the intake so I'll find out then. Still gotta chase down this high idle issue. Goes away with little tap on the throttle. Not sure if the cable is sticking a hair or the high idle is kicking in but it's annoying lol
Finally got the control arm bolts cut out and the new bmr control arms in. Also found out my steeringrack leaks yay lol. Looks like the 15:1 rack is gonna come sooner than expected. Still gotta get my che arms for rear yet also.
Quick side note. Milwaukee torch carbide recip blades are the tits. Made 4 cuts on the driverside bolts with life to spare on one blade. Im impressed.