Skip to main content
Topic: Rules for posting in the For Sale section (Read 4529 times) previous topic - next topic

Rules for posting in the For Sale section

[LIST=1]
  • [LIST=1]
  • The owners of this forum assume no responsibility for any transaction that is initiated throught these listings. BUYER BEWARE! If you are not sure of the person you are dealing with, don't deal with them! All transactions are at your risk!
  • *EDIT* This section is for posting things that YOU, PERSONALLY, are selling. NO posting of things you've seen in eBay auctions, Auto Trader, Craigsist, or cars you've seen with for sale signs on them will be permitted in this section. We now have a seperate section for that kind of thing.
  • If you are selling your item or items on eBay you may post one link to your auction(s) in this section. No "bumping" will be permitted. Neither will auction spamming. ONLY post eBay auctions in which YOU are the seller. See rule #2
  • When selling any item, you MUST include your location (city, state/province). Posting something for sale does not do you any good if nobody knows where to find it! There have been complaints about this, so it will be enforced from here on out. If you find your ad replaced with the words "RULE #4" you'll know why.
  • Whenever possible, include a pic. This website has provisions for attaching pictures to posts, so not having an online host is no excuse. your item will sell much faster - People are reluctant to buy what they can't see.
  • Even if you aren't a regular here, if you post something for sale at least have the courtesy of checking your thread at least once daily. Most people will ask questions about your item in the thread you post it in. If those questions go unanswered the thread will be considered abandoned and subsequently deleted.
  • No spam. We don't want your X2 Spy Camera or pen 15 enlargement pills, and we don't want your spam. Take it elsewhere.
  • We reseve the right to edit, remove, delete or lock any thread at our sole discretion with no warning. If we feel your advertisp00get does not meet the standards of this community, consider it gone
  • Please, if you see an ad here and you don't like the item, keep it to yourself unless it is an obvious rip-off. Don't ruin people's ads by running their car down. If the item is not worth the price it will not sell here anyway, so don't say "that thing is junk, I wouldn't pay half that" or things to that effect.
  • There will be no "dibs" here.  If you have the money for an item listed for sale, and can work out a deal with the seller before another interested party, then the item will be yours.  If you want to make sure your place in line is "held", reply with a "PM Sent regarding thing-a-majig" and contact the seller.  Do not waste people's time with trying to "claim" something you don't have the money for.
  • If you have multiple items to sell, it is suggested that you list them in the same thread.  While your item(s) may get better exposure in an individual thread, it comes at the expense of other users trying to sell items by monopolizing the forum.  A couple different threads are acceptable, but moderators reserve the right to consolidate multiple threads that are deemed abusive of the forum.
[/LIST]
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1
We don't want your X2 Spy Camera or pen 15 enlargement pills

who says we dont?! huh?!
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
Ok, this post is pretty old, but I just came up with something helpful while I'm thinking about it.  While I'm on the board quite often, usually a few times a day, I don't often feel like hunting down specific posts in the for sale section to see if anyone has responded.  The perfect solution: Subscribing to a thread.  If you go to Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread, you can have the board send you a message if anyone has responded to your thread.  The For Sale section and the Wanted Section are perfect for this feature and they are the only place I use it.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #3
Rule (or "suggestion") #11 added.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #4
I'm good with that.I am guilty at times of using multiple threads instead of "editing" and adding the new items for sale.I will try to better myself as a member and a human being.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
HI THERE JUST WANT TO LET ALL KNOW WE JUST GOT IN ANOTHER SHIPMENT OF THE BLACK FRAME QUARTER GLASSES FOR THE 1987 THUNDRBIRD 2D AND WE ALSO GOT THE BLACK FRAME SNAP ON MOLDING FOR THE BACKGLASS.YOU CAN FIND US IN E BAY MOTORS UNDER BARTELSTONE GLASS DIT,OR JUST E MAIL ME AT BK82557@AOL.COM

Reply #6
Quote from: Chuck W;203309
Rule (or "suggestion") #11 added.

You oughtta see what I deal with on my local Mustang forum with regards to THAT one.....

One guy made 16 separate threads last week.  All with just links to his stuff on CL and the links didn't even work.....

Click (delete)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!