Skip to main content
Topic: Stock equalizer button (Read 2243 times) previous topic - next topic

Stock equalizer button

I don't remember where it was that I read which solder points to join to force the EQ to stay on all the time, but I figure someone here must know. I grew tired of it not working and didn't like having something wedged under the power button to keep it on. So which 2 of the 3 points on the pcb need to be soldered to keep the thing on?

Thanks
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Re: Stock equalizer button

Reply #1
make that 5 solder points as it looks like it directs to a couple capacitors also when pushed in
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #2
well I soldered onto the small pcb inside the power button and it worked...until I assembled the eq again. Looks like I'll HAVE to solder the back of the large pcb instead as this didn't work well enough. So where's that info on which places to solder?  :p
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #3
well I THINK its pins 1-2, 3-4, and 7-8, leaving 5 and 6 untouched. I'm unsure though. It appears to work but the led bar(volume bar) on the left is a lot less sensitive than I remember it being. Now I have to set the volume  turned up halfway or more for the led bar to peak where before it was around 1/4-1/3. I just hope things won't die from lack or ground or some other problem
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #4
I have the same annoying issue, which pins did you connect directly behind the switch, or some other ones?

Reply #5
there's 8 solder points in total behind the switch, and I'm unsure if they're all visible from the back of the pcb - this was a couple weeks ago. I counted the pin closest to the edge of the pcb as pin 8, pin 1 being closer to the middle. Connecting pins 1-2, 3-4, and 7-8 control the right channel, rear channel, and the led's, probably not in that order. I think connecting 5-6 will act as passthrough but I'm not sure.

if you follow the traces on the pcb, you should be able to solder 3 short wires to the back and it'll function just fine.

and because I forgot to take a picture of the thing before I put it back together, here's a paint drawing (I bet nothing's to scale or correctly shaped)
1988 Thunderbird Sport