Skip to main content
Topic: SN95 seats DON'T just "bolt to our tracks"? (Read 5107 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: SN95 seats DON'T just "bolt to our tracks"?

Reply #30
Oh, I'd prefer to keep the passenger side lumbar, and adjustable bolsters on both. No worries there - the stock frames would be ideal for me too, so if I can find new owners for the Mustang seats, I'd be happy.

Years ago I figured the later seats may be stronger too, but I've seen some threads mentioning that the SN95 seatbacks can also twist/bend and get the lean.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #31
It seems https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tip-s34678 is the correct foam + upholstery set (in black/black, they have a couple other colors also), minus the headrest needed to be changed. Trying to get some confirmation.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #32
It seems https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tip-s34678 is the correct foam + upholstery set (in black/black, they have a couple other colors also), minus the headrest needed to be changed. Trying to get some confirmation.

It looks like the Summit description calls it a kit (upholstery and foam).  The part number 43-73998 is the base part number from when I ordered my front seat upholstery.  I believe the additional letters and numbers after that call out things such as the materials (vinyl, leather, suede, etc), colors, and other options such as embroidery (the ones from the link above will have a Cobra logo embroidered in them).

Reply #33
I will have more followup details in the coming week - TMI is sending me some quotes, and a few dozen samples of 80's factory colors, all their reds, and their grays/blacks, in vinyls and carpets.

The TMI part numbers posted further up in the thread are also not 100% correct. For example, the seat foam part number is the back only - there is a different number for the pair. I believe the headrest upholstery was also not a correct part number, while discussing with TMI on the phone.

I'm looking at having charcoal black vinyl sides/back of the seats, perforated scarlet red vinyl seating surface, and some better/thicker carpet for the underside (to not be a lint magnet). Supposedly these changes will have minimal price difference.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #34
The TMI part numbers posted further up in the thread are also not 100% correct. For example, the seat foam part number is the back only - there is a different number for the pair. I believe the headrest upholstery was also not a correct part number, while discussing with TMI on the phone.

Here are pictures of my pack slips.  The part numbers I posted further above match with the exception of the additional letters/numbers at the end to signify the material/color ... not sure if their part numbers have changed as I ordered these back in 2017.

The pack slip for the foam does mention "Back Only" in the wording ... then also mentions the pull out knee bolsters, but it was for a kit that did both front seats.  The individual pieces may have shipped in separate boxes though, I can't remember.

Reply #35
I don't see TMI having any product offering that side bolstering in a 24-inch seat back. I only see that size in 26-inch?

Trying to dig through Google searches on lmr and cjp for the products - their own searches on their sites don't turn up the product pages that Google is.
1988 Thunderbird Sport