Skip to main content
Topic: Case of "Buyer Beware" (Read 792 times) previous topic - next topic

Case of "Buyer Beware"

Came across this at an Oldsmobile board I go to.

http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/general-discussion/11520-internet-car-purchases-gone-wild.html

Make sure to click the link at the bottom of the page.

All I can say is wow. At first the car looked great, the very little bit of the underneath you get to see looks nice, but then I saw the rest. How the dealer had the balls to sell a car like this and give it such high praises is beyond me.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Case of "Buyer Beware"

Reply #1
Cripes, even daminc would have a job on his hands with that. Yet another reason I'd never buy a car I couldn't inspect
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Case of "Buyer Beware"

Reply #2
oh  they're blacked out for me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Case of "Buyer Beware"

Reply #3
Jerry, ya gotta click on the link at the bottom of the page to see the underside pics.

I seen this thread shortly after I watched the dateline NBC Debt collector fraud episode, and I can completely understand now why guns and ammo are selling like hot-cakes.
1987 TC

Case of "Buyer Beware"

Reply #4
got it Scott. My window was below the monitor screen and i didn't see the very bottom with the link
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Case of "Buyer Beware"

Reply #5
Its a beautiful lawn ornament!!!!!!!!! Id be scared just to rev the thing.......dont need an olds big block stirrin my guts........
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Case of "Buyer Beware"

Reply #6
Holy . Daminc you'd never see the light of day with that turd. Thats horrible, I want to know how these people sleep at night. He could have died!

Case of "Buyer Beware"

Reply #7
I'de sue them for everything there worth.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Case of "Buyer Beware"

Reply #8
Wow, you can tell how they tried to hide it in the underside pics. What a bunch of douchebags. They went to all the trouble to put it on a lift, and only took one pic of the back.

His only real hope is to take all of the good parts and put them in a rust free body.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)