Skip to main content
Topic: Project "Barn Bird" (Read 21136 times) previous topic - next topic

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #45
You got the bug lol

Coming along fast

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #46
Ive always had the bird bug!!!  It did go dormant for a few years when I was in my late 20's, but always seems to flare back up!! LOL  Part of the reason its coming along so fast is the wifes being supportive of this one!! Not to mention I just quit smoking after like 15 years and this has been my keep my busy/mind off of it!!

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #47
And more accomplished today!!! Got most of the lower passenger side trim back on and the seat installed, along with finishing the center stack/console. Got the blower motor box and glove box reinstalled also.

Then I figured  I might as well start mocking up my FMIC and figuring out how and where I was gonna tunnel air directly to it. Luckily since Im cheap, we had an old daybed spring set laying around. Free angle iron!!! Got the intercooler down in the bumper and now its getting things mounted/positioned/clearanced so theres no rubbing interference. And yes I know it would be easier with the header panel off, but I wanna get the basics mocked up and have the intercooler centered.

Also brought the taillights back home and Ive decided they will be getting tinted!! With the color of the car and how the style is gonna lean, it will just fit!!

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #48
vinnie were you trying to polish your copper wiring with it still connected.lol
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #49
Only thing accomplished Yesterday was I started to fab the stuff for my throttle body  relocate/turndown. Mind you the s are rough and the pipe hasnt been cut yet! The entire adapter will be clean and match the contours of the intake and throttle body when done. Just need a rough shape for now so I can get it fabbed/mocked up. And only a short straight section of the pipe will be used, so far this is all free stuff!!!

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #50
Got the throttle body relocation fabbed up! Had to install the rad and fans to make sure I wasnt going to far forward, but final location puts no kinks or added stress on the throttle/cruise cables. Still need to finish welding, but Ill be doing that at work with the good MIG welder!! I need to add some bracing and a mounting location for the throttle linkage bracket. In the process though I discovered for this to work Im going to need to move the Alternator a little more, which means the bracket I fabbed up will need a remake. Along with this so I can make sure to have room for all the bits and pieces Im gonna be relocating the battery to the trunk to free the area up for moving of the coil and starter solenoid. So I need to find a hook up for bulk battery cable!!!

Also upon closer inspection my rotated upper has had some working over!!

Got the headlight harness all cleaned up and "restored" the other night. Tonight Im going to be doing the relay mod to them so they are ready to go!!

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #51
Headlight harness relay mod, mostly done. Just need to get some weatherproof fuse holders for the power feed to the headlights. Then re-install the harness and hook everything up.

Started moving stuff to whats gonna be its new home with the battery being moved to the trunk. Definately cleans up the strut tower are moving stuff. Still have to decide for sure where the PS ressy is gonna end up, but it may where I have my son holding it in the pic.

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #52
Not much done, but was playing with some ideas!! I did get the tails tinted and I must say it really looks good on this car!!  I kept thinking about it and decided to see roughly how it would look with the FMS spoiler mounted up. So I pulled the mounting studs out and set it on the trunk lid, pics with spoiler and tinted tails!!

Tell me what you guys think of the spoiler?!!!

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #53
Im just not a fan of spoilers on these aero cars.  I think the factory nailed it out of the box. Just me.
Mike

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #54
Its just an idea right now. Ill just need to decide for sure before I paint it.

On another note though, Im trying to make a deal on a biult motor Ive stumbled across!!

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #55
It could look good if you fill the air gaps. Make it more Nascar style-ish.
I think that would work better, as it is now for me it's a no. But filled airgaps, then there's a big possibility!

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #56
I always had this idea of getting a junk trunk lid and flipping it upside down to create a nascar ish spoiler.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #57
I would like to find one of those for my car. I like them.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #58
Quote from: 1BadBird;423775
I would like to find one of those for my car. I like them.

Whats funny is Ive had this spoiler for sale and Ive had no takers, so I decided to see how it may look on this one. Its still for sale to.

Worked a bit more. Kinda slowing down as I need parts to finish some things, so Ive been concentrating on engine/engine bay stuff. Put the last final touches on the headlight harness and started to put the harness back in the car. Got the relays mounted and  grounds connected. Still waiting on the turn signal pigtail to show up, before I can test to make sure I got everything 100% right. I refuse to put the original connector in the good switch for how toasty it got.

Also got more work done on the adapter. Took it to work and used the good mig welder, now with my little welder Im adding mounting brackets and bracing. Still need to remember to grab my burrs and finish the holes in the adapter. Pretty happy with it though!!

Project "Barn Bird"

Reply #59
Finally got the rest of the pieces in place for the headlight relays and tested them out, working as designed and I can hear the relays!!! Also finally got me replacement pigtail for the multifunction switch, which is the one that melted, so I can get that in and finish putting the column back together. It was mainly little things today as I also went and finished picking up the rest of the stuff that came with the car today. Finally remembered to take the good camera and snap some quick pics that arent all fuzzy!!