Skip to main content
Topic: Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics..... (Read 45584 times) previous topic - next topic

Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics.....

Reply #165
Cables, cable ends?

Is there a place that can test the battery close to you?

I had this exact same problem with the Mounty back in the spring....turned out to be corroded cable ends and terminals. I couldn't see it, and it looked clean till I'd taken them off. I knew it had to be the cable ends when the tester indicated my alt was putting out nearly 14 volts. I ended up with a new battery and new cables, plus brass terminals. I put brass on everything that I own now. I'm sold. Stays clean, last longer than the lead POS's, and if you need to jump someone, the jumper cables don't chew them up nearly as bad as the lead cable ends.

I also replaced my starter cable. Was expensive, but I was motivated.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #166
There's an Autozone about 6 blocks from me. I'm going to have them test it. I'm also going to check the terminal ends. I had the positive side disconnected when I swapped the alternator, and I noticed it looked pretty good. I'll double check everything as soon as I can. Working 12 hour shifts really slows me down. Other than the battery dying, the car looks great. Just can't drive it. LOL.

Avery, the guy who painted the Bird, stated that he had to jump start it a few times. Never had an issue with that until it went in for paint, and the car had sat for a month or so.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #167
Test it, but sometimes you need to let one that has gone away sit on a trickle (1amp) charger for a day and they will recover.

Reply #168
I hope you are right, and probably are. No reason for this to happen, as the car has never sat that long before since I've had it.

Off to work my friends. Back at.....gulp....7:45 tonight. Man that sucks.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #169
Vinnie, your car suffered the dreaded mysterious shop drain. It seems to happen a lot at the shop I was working at. I lost track as to how many times I had to trickle charge batteries. LOL. :-P

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #170
Yea sounds like a bad cable or weak battery should be a easy fix

Reply #171
I JUST got home from work. I pulled the battery and will drop it off tomorrow after work and see what happens. I'm pretty sure it's the battery. Since it's under warranty, let them deal with it.

Reply #172
need some pics of those trunk struts please.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #173
PM sent.

Reply #174
This was taken before I cleaned the trunk and put it all back together. New trunk lid panel being fabbed and then I'll paint the bracket and hinges and it should look more factory.

Reply #175
Interesting, so that takes place of the truck bars going across truck area?

Reply #176
That is correct. The trunk bars are gone. Sped and never to be seen again.

Reply #177
Cool idea

Reply #178
Thanks. Had to do something.

Reply #179
What length struts are they?

Quote from: vinnietbird;425376
That is correct. The trunk bars are gone. Sped and never to be seen again.