Skip to main content
Topic: 2008 Thundercats Calendar - Now Available to Forum Members! (Read 23749 times) previous topic - next topic

2008 Thundercats Calendar - Now Available to Forum Members!

Now Available!!!
http://foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=17670

**2008 Thundercats Calendar Pic Submission** Updated 9/8/07

Ok, here's the deal for submitting pics. Your camera needs to be able to take at least a 2xxx (by) 1xxx size pic. I'm thinking around a 5 megapixel minimum. Take the highest resolution pic rated for your camera. I can shrink the pics if needed. That is not a problem. What I can't do (well I can, but it looks bad) is increase the size of the pics. Bigger is better in this case.

I would like around 10 pics minimum. That gives me a little leeway  in composing the layouts.

You can send me pics via a plethora of ways. CD, DVD, FTP, email, and so forth. If your worried about clogging up my email account... don't. I have about 89% of free space still, which includes all of the pics sent to me via email from last year.

If you want to post your smaller websize pics in the this thread to show off, feel free.

email:
ether947@gmail.com

Months Filled
Jan - Open
Feb - Open
Mar - Filled
Apr - Filled
May -
Jun -
Jul -
Aug -
Sep -
Oct - Pending
Nov -
Dec - Filled

2008 Thundercats Calendar Discussion

Yeah, I know it's kinda early, but I want to get some ideas going now so when CatJam rolls around I can be best prepared. Also, CatJam seems to be the best time to start the calendar off with all the cars and photographers and stuff. :D Just call it a hunch. There are couple things I won’t change, like the 1:1 Bird-Cat ratio and the name. But everything else is fair game and open for discussion.

There will be more graphics in the 08 Calendar, details of the car and possibly the owner. Considering the sales made this year (about 29 sold as of typing this) I think I could do three different sizes for those who don’t want to fork out nearly $30 shipped for a calendar. Which is understandable. Also if I can get at least 15 people to buy within a group the price will be considerably cheaper. I’m thinking under $20-shipped. But those details can be ironed out in the 330ish days left until 2008. :D

I am NOT looking for submittals at this time.  Just ideas and things you would like to see in the next calendar.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #1
This year (O.K.,next year actually),I'll have some great pics for the calander.I should have my car finished by the end of March.I'm in.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
If you are seriously going to put specs in it this time I think it's fair to give the 2007's another crack at it. I'd especially like to see David and Eric's Cougars again. I DO think that no matter what, come submission time, it should be "all new" pictures of the car in it's current state.

Reply #3
I've got a suggestion...

Split the layout between the cars (half Cougar, half T-Bird). That will get you 24 cars on the calendar, plus you'll have the cover again for the rest of the cars (and maybe it won't be as crowded LOL). At the larger size you have PLENTY of room for pix and info for 2 cars. And every month you'll have one of each car, which should make each buyer at least half happy. :hick:

Plus, at 2 cars per page, a lower-resolution photo won't be nearly as grainy...although personally I didn't have an issue with this year's photos. For upsizing they all turned out fairly well.

Personally I don't want another spread on my convertible for next year. I would, however, like to request next December again... ;)

Reply #4
I'll give pics of my Sport when it's finished and a list of specs for it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
How about something like Claude mentioned before. A few layouts of those of us who have more than one car.

Reply #6
I like that last one. Layla and the matching Med Red Cougar looked good together, or my 83 and Layla. Fred, your 2 Cougars on 1 month would rock. 83-88TBirdguy's 4 Birds would be interesting too.

Reply #7
I like Eric's suggestion of both a Bird and Coug for each month.

Hopefully mine will be painted and ready to appear this time around :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #8
I dunno now. I'm sitting here staring at the very nice pic of David's Coug and I must say, I rather prefer it. I wish the 4 little pictures were bigger and it had some specs, but the 1 big shot really looks nice.

Reply #9
I'm definetly in for next year's calender,i'll post specs and 1/4 times(if i can get to the track this year).

Reply #10
Quote from: EricCoolCats;127070
I've got a suggestion...

Split the layout between the cars (half Cougar, half T-Bird). That will get you 24 cars on the calendar, plus you'll have the cover again for the rest of the cars (and maybe it won't be as crowded LOL). At the larger size you have PLENTY of room for pix and info for 2 cars. And every month you'll have one of each car, which should make each buyer at least half happy. :hick:

Plus, at 2 cars per page, a lower-resolution photo won't be nearly as grainy...although personally I didn't have an issue with this year's photos. For upsizing they all turned out fairly well.

Personally I don't want another spread on my convertible for next year. I would, however, like to request next December again... ;)

Actually, I nearly did that for the 2007 Calendar. And since I'm starting out early, :D it is pretty much going to be implemented. I didn't have nearly enough photos or time to carry it out before.

I also agree that all new photos should be used. I would say those not in last years... this years calendar should be given first crack, but I can't rule out not using some of the same cars from... this years calendar. lol. That is so confusing. xD

What about the info... what kind of info? The one thing I did learn is that not everybody has the same amount of info about their cars. Which is the big reason why it didn't make it to this years calendar. Trying to make a format where everything is consistent from page to page became unexpectedly challenging. In hindsight I could of just gone with the basics, but I panicked with the new year a coming and sped the whole thing.

Lots a good idears already. :D Keep em coming.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #11
I think it would be great to have a construction calendar.

Similar to the current calender but instead of other pics of the cars, various stages of construction.

Just a thought.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #12
If you split the page with 1 'Bird and 1 Cougar, i think it would be cool to do the same year on the same page. Ex. Jan. and Feb. could have '83s and March and April could have '84s. That way it would be a progression through the years. I think its a cool idea anyhow.

Reply #13
year, make, model, trim, color, interior, engine & tranny, ET & MPH and name of owner

Reply #14
Quote from: Ether947;127132
What about the info... what kind of info? The one thing I did learn is that not everybody has the same amount of info about their cars.

I agree that the info is a bit of a tough thing.
Not everyones car is modded and not everyone has raced their cars.

I think you could file each car into a category such as original, weekend racer, daily driver, overall modified and so on.
Then you could put info according to their category.

So if the car is...
original, list mileage, color, options etc
raced, list mods and ETs
daily driver, list mileage, color, options, average mileage per week or something of that sort, any modifications etc
overall modiefied, list what they started with and what it took to make it what it is.