Skip to main content
Topic: Reproduction emblems: NEW pics (again) on Page 3 (Read 2861 times) previous topic - next topic

Reproduction emblems: NEW pics (again) on Page 3

Reply #15
your pics still suck. you sell stuff online and pics are KEY. seriously, do sumthin about it.

i can barely tell there is an "E," let alone whether it has "issues" or not...:punchballs:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #16
Try experimenting with your camera angle, maybe from more directly above the emblems instead of at an angle. I would imagine that you want the light source behind the camera, but with that much chrome it's a tough call. Do some playing around. You'll come up with something that works.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #17
Yeah those pictures suck.  From the pictures it looks like the mold was carved with a spoon.
One 88

Reply #18
Quote from: CougarSE;199911
Yeah those pictures suck.  From the pictures it looks like the mold was carved with a spoon.

Let's see you try.

I'm doing my best here, it is a 3 year old HP $50 "point-and-shoot".

Reply #19
I could do better with a spoon.
One 88

Reply #20
Quote from: CougarSE;199914
I could do better with a spoon.

Prove it. :shakeass:

Reply #21
No flash, and my "natural light" that I use on my model building table.

Reply #23
The chromed piece looks like it could be pretty nice, but I can't tell given the pictures you've taken.

I highly recommend buying/borrowing a quality camera and retaking the pictures. I know you're excited about showing of your new goods, but a bunch of fuzzy photos doesn't convey the reality of what they look like and gives a poor first impression.

Reply #24
Mike, I think you are doing a very nice job on these.  What kind of metal are you using for the castings?

Reply #25
Because of the reflectiveness, i think you need to play with the lighting and darken your background. I take pictures at work of Calipers after Salt Spray Testing. The calipers are Silver, and white is the 1st corrosive color before going to red rust. No flash is the first big key to getting a decent shot which you did, and it looked better. Background helps a great deal as well. Try a black or blue background (darker). I use both when I take pics, and the camera I use at work is worth about a $1,000.00, and it is digital. I can take good pictures with my VERY, did I say VERY old digital HP, of course it may take a few tries, but I can do it with the right lighting and background.
Lighting and background

Reply #26
Thanks for the tips, I'll try again today.

The metal is a pewter/white metal mix, kind of like hobby-store grade figures (think Warhammer actually). It's nice because it won't blister like pot metal and the chrome REALLY sticks to it. It's a little pricier, but worth it I think.

Reply #27
you should locate some of the old 50's 60's thunderbird script embelems those would look badass on a trunklid.

ex. for tbirds

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/64-1964-Ford-Thunderbird-Emblem-Quarter-Panel-Script_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80736QQihZ007QQitemZ170188111877QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

ex for cougars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-68-COUGAR-EMBLEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33654QQihZ016QQitemZ260205037007QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Reply #28
I would have to fully agree with black jack....
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #29
True, but those are more readily available. Something I may do on my yellow 86' in the future.

I don't think anybody makes the originals for the fox cars though. I plan on keeping the 88' totally stock.