Skip to main content
Topic: Oh AOD How I hate THEE ALSO!!! (Read 2273 times) previous topic - next topic

Oh AOD How I hate THEE ALSO!!!

Reply #15
build one right and they are an awesome tranny. Ask an expert they can help.

Reply #16
I build them frequently.They are pretty darn tough and when they do go down the hard parts failure is usually very low.
Pimp smacking smart azzes on the streets since 1970

Reply #17
It is the TV cable....if you changed the fluid and filter, check there first. It is usually the last thing you did. Guarantee you will find something that is disconnected, or not connected correctly at all. I know you don't want to hear it but, get in there and take it apart again.

BTW fellas, real cars that have three pedals usually do not use a weak a$$ T5 or they are not real cars.

Reply #18
manuals are more fun for driving but autos like the AOD can be much more consistent for draggin.Both have a good place:D
Pimp smacking smart azzes on the streets since 1970

Reply #19
Quote from: Superdavesds;263945
No, real cars go fast, dont lose boost from having to let off to shift, dont hit rev limiters or over rev while shifting because you stayed in it while pushing the clutch in. =)

EXACTLY! One time at the track in a 4-cyl turbo 5 speed showed me that this is truth.

I have a 4r70w to put in my siver 'bird. It isn't a cheap option necessarily, but a stock 01 Mustang 3.8 tranny will hold ~500 HP. They aren't too pricey to buy used, but the controller to run one in an older car like ours is 450.00. Other choice is a manual valve body.

Like Lightningbird says, go back to what you worked on last. That's often where the problem lies.

Reply #20
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;263923
Mine has 3.....gas, brake, and e-brake:hick:

BOOM Headshot

Oh, +1 ;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #21
Quote from: 86XR7project;263905
Real cars have three pedals.

Leave it to me to AGAIN, say something retarded.

Reply #22
I'll prob put c-4 in it since i have one. I'll prob throw a shift kit at it and a stall converter of some kind?? 2500-3000 prob.
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)

Reply #23
Mine would be a stick if I didn't have to do much cutting and didn't have a C4 sitting on my tool chest :P

Reply #24
Any of these trannys are easy to install. I have 5spd pedals n flywheel ,pressure plate, clutch. Double hump crossmember(in car now) just need tranny n bellhousing n im golden!!!! Oh and i do this stuff all the time its my hobby and i love it. Prob have 5spd after c-4 so watch out??? i still have my 500hp 351c being built for my bird so i will post pics when i get it.
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)