Skip to main content
Topic: Front seats choices.... (Read 1326 times) previous topic - next topic

Front seats choices....

What front seats with fit in a 85' cougar? Looking at some 99' mustang front seats, but not sure they will fit. Thanks
How fast is fast?

Re: Front seats choices....

Reply #1
They'll bolt up to your stock seat tracks but will probably rub on the armrests on the door. I have that issue running '98 Mustang seats in the convertible.

Safe bets: anything Fox chassis, anything from the era with a halo headrest.

Reply #2
I ran '94-'98 Mustang seats in my old '84 XR-7. They bolted right up, but I don't recall any rubbing on the door armrests. Might be a difference in the 83-84 vs 85+ interiors, though.

It was also a LONG time ago when I had that car...so no pics of the interior.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #3
Thank you for the info! Hopefully the 99' seats will fit the 85' seat tracks cause the 99' seats are in great condition and only $100
How fast is fast?

Reply #4
Nope. 99' power mustang front seats will not fit in 85' cougar. Nothing lines up.
How fast is fast?

Reply #5
Nope. 99' power mustang front seats will not fit in 85' cougar. Nothing lines up.
Did you try and install them with the Mustang seat tracks on them? Then no, they won't fit.

They should bolt to the Cougar seat tracks, just fine.

The floorpans are different, which is why the Mustang seat tracks don't bolt up.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #6
I took my seat tracks with me to check fitment and was 1 inch too narrow. So ended up going with option #2; seats from 96' mustang GT. Plus the color match my interior. They will work for now....
How fast is fast?