Skip to main content
Topic: 85-86 T-bird (Read 1369 times) previous topic - next topic

85-86 T-bird

Reply #15
Quote from: CougarSE;173813
Why does "rust free" always entail rust.

-I thought of that myself when i typed it.  thought it was funny.:beatyoass:  i assUme that people where you are think of rust in a different way than we do down here. :shakeass:  after i thought about it, the most appropriate response should have been "surface rust" or some form there-of.  i have a Ranger GT i bought from a guy in the spring that hailed from Springfield, Oh.  he state it had rust showing.  to me "rust showing" = surface rust.  but after i got the thing home, removed the GFX to prep for stripping, cleaning, painting, i found his "rust" = swiss cheese sheet metal. :toilet: to that i say, espicially on the 1st gen. aerobirds, in my travels, are pr0ne to rust somewhere.  where you live is factor in what degree of rust you have.......:flame:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

85-86 T-bird

Reply #16
I recently saw an 86 shell on Craigslist in NC.

85-86 T-bird

Reply #18
Mine is an 84, and is for sale. You won't have to modify it much either unless you wanted a bigger engine.;)

85-86 T-bird

Reply #20
Quote from: Prototype Services;173822
I recently saw an 86 shell on Craigslist in NC.

They don't answer email though... I suspect that one's gone.

drewstang.. Got a trailer or a tow dolly?
http://tuscaloosa.craigslist.org/car/398742914.html

85-86 T-bird

Reply #21
I wish I did, I'd probably go pickup the 83 SHO posted. Some of my friends have trucks and car trailers, but none are willing to help a brotha out. They all want more money to pickup the car with me than the purchase price.

85-86 T-bird

Reply #22
Not even one that'd loan you an f150 with a hitch for the day? Whoa... That and a rented dolly are all you need for a 'Bird. I agree the rental companies' trucks are not an option for anything but local but it can be done yourself without crazy expense if you have a truck and can rent a tow dolly. Drive it up on the dolly (assuming it runs) then take a 12mm 12 point socket, some PBlaster and a breaker bar to remove the driveshaft bolts. Wire it up out of the way and be on the way home. Takes longer if you split the sockets so you may want to take more than one. ;) Yes, it'll cost some in gas if it's a long drive and you'll be dog tired when you get home but if you want what you want sometimes you have to stretch for it.

The good news is itt seems more of the red ones survive than any other color... more likely you'll find one close by if you're patient. :D

85-86 T-bird

Reply #24
lol!  That's the way you do it.  I'll keep my eye out for ya here in southeast ohio.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

85-86 T-bird

Reply #25
Goodluck finding a cheap one closer 2 you wish i could help but shipping or a road trip might mess up that "budget". Keep looking for that :birdsmily: i am sure you will find one soon enough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily: