Skip to main content
Topic: 87-88 motor mounts needed!!! (Read 1475 times) previous topic - next topic

87-88 motor mounts needed!!!

Please!  :bowdown:
One 88

Re: 87-88 motor mounts needed!!!

Reply #1
Is that a 5.0 or the 3.9?
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #2
umm? how about an auto parts store..

napa, auto zone, pep boys, local B&J auto parts or whatever names they call them by you. ;)  the popular aftermarket peices are anchor.. and the part number is 2661 for both left and right sides for V8 & V6.. and in napa are "balkamp" part munber 6021649 napa allso has a L"cheapo part number too and that is balkamp 6121649..

have a nice day

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #3
NAPA was around 30$, don't remember exactly. Just replaced mine a couple weeks ago...

Reply #4
Guys, he needs the brackets that bolt to the engine, not the rubber donuts they sell at the auto parts. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #5
probably have to go to a junkyard and see if they have any, or swap in a 'Stang k member like I am gonna do...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #6
Try the dealer.  That's where I got mine.

Reply #7
The bracket is discontinued, I've called about 4 diff. dealerships around, 2 of em didn't even have a clue what I was talkin' about...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #8
I've got a set I just pulled. The rubber is pretty tired, but the brackets are fine. They're out of an '87 XR7 5.0L. Make me an offer.

Reply #9
i have a couple sets of them make me an offer, thanks
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #10
Sorry I havn't responded in a while.  I dont know how much they are worth.  How bout 20 bucks?
One 88

Reply #11
I'm interested in a set myself, as I'm looking at either getting a 'Stang k member, or buying a complete SO 5.0 out of an '88 Sport...
I dunno what a decent price for em would be, myself...I'd say that I'd pay up to 50 bucks for a set...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #12
I just remembered that I did a little grinding on the passenger side bracket so that mustang headers would clear. I basically cut the anti-roll strap off. Unless you're pumping out a ton of power, you don't need it anyway. I was probably at around 275 HP and never noticed anything. If you are looking to build a high performance car without changing to a mustang K-member, I would suggest pulling the rubber out of the mount and replacing it with a steel slug so you have no movement at all.
      $20 plus shipping sounds good if you're still interested. You can email me at tim.roberts@us.army.mil

Reply #13
By the way, I'll clean them before I ship them. That oil will probably soak right through the box.

Reply #14
Quote from: honkeyboss
I just remembered that I did a little grinding on the passenger side bracket so that mustang headers would clear. I basically cut the anti-roll strap off. Unless you're pumping out a ton of power, you don't need it anyway. I was probably at around 275 HP and never noticed anything. If you are looking to build a high performance car without changing to a mustang K-member, I would suggest pulling the rubber out of the mount and replacing it with a steel slug so you have no movement at all.
      $20 plus shipping sounds good if you're still interested. You can email me at tim.roberts@us.army.mil

Hmmmmmm... I have a set that is going into my conversion. How many people would be interested in them if I could make them? Just the bracket that bolts to the motor not the mount.

James