Skip to main content
Topic: WTB 83-88 Thundercat (no V6s!!!) (Read 2133 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB 83-88 Thundercat (no V6s!!!)

Reply #30
My 1988 mercury cougar is at 4,500 i know its carbed but its well worth it. Thanks

Reply #32
I got a Mercury Cougar 1986 LS 5.0L AOD

87k miles, got it at 82k and had it since march of 07.  I don't drive that much but it was well taken care of.  Changed the main seal and oil pan gasket since they were leaking.  That and also a full ler job.  It is a white car with blue int.  I installed duel power seats, full consule, and turbo coupe seats.  I also modded the speakers where it is wired up with all monster cable.  I also did a custom speaker mod in the back seat.  Car has No rust at all, or a dent reason I bought.  Engine runs fine with no problem.  Only thing which I had to do was last week change the master cylinder and get new drums plus pads for the front.  I have all my paper work to prove it too.  I also had to change the heater core, and all the vacuum hoses. Plus I just got new head lights for it.  I have put to much money into this car basicly.... 

Only thing I should note is I gotta put the pas. int back on because I had to put a new auto lock motor into it.  Also I installed the lighted up key cylinders.  Also I gotta vacspooge it since it rain and I got mud on my carpets * pissed * I hate my work boots * CRIES *

Im low in dept due to the fact I just got a apartment so if youre interested I can get pictures tomorrow.
.: Lastest :.

Reply #33
Quote from: Crusher;201790
I got a Mercury Cougar 1986 LS 5.0L AOD.....

Im low in dept due to the fact I just got a apartment so if youre interested I can get pictures tomorrow.

and just how much for this cherry cat :)

Quote from: Ether947;199395
did the 83s come with AODs?

i think all 5.0 automatic aerobird/cats came with the aod.....  at least my 83 did

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #34
I bought the car in March 2,750 thinking it was in good condition, well never go by looks.  The body is mint with no rust or dents, but the guy didn't take care of his car to well...  So I had to redo all hoses, heater core, main seal, tranny gasket, valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, new spark plugs, distribitor cap + wires , Pass side lock was broke so I had to fix, right cylinder cover was missing had to get a new one, Front brakes r new from last sunday along with the back, even the master cylinder because they all went...  plus other little jobs like a new alt and battery....  o and the ler came off so I had to change that lol funny story there.  Also it has new tires which r only 300 miles old.

Just from the ler, oil pan gasket, and main real seal it costed me 1,600 to fix which I was missed about.  I have well over 4k into this car but I need to get rid of it due to me being on my own and need the money.  The Car is mint outside and in, only thing that has to be done is a oil change in 1k miles, it was changed at 85k and has 87k.  I'm gonna go change it and get the power steering flushed because thats the only liquid in the car which hasn't been cleaned and flushed.

I'm in a 3300 dep with the car who I own money too.  I've been working it off but if u can end that dep I would rather ride a bike then drive a car with a dep. 

I also would like to get rid of all my cougar/ t-bird parts with the sale because this would be the last time I owned a cougar possible.

Also if u don't believe me on prices I got all the papers to prove it, my sale of car, and the work that has been done.  I didn't check to the papers to see if the work was done and I was screwed over so I won't let that happen to someone and show them the papers to be true.
.: Lastest :.

Reply #35
Sorry, Jersey is a little far for me and your price is out of my range...
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #37
bump...

Reply #40
bump

Reply #41
I know it's far, but what about the one right near me?  THe blackone that's been posted on these boards?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #42
Quote from: V8Demon;209254
I know it's far, but what about the one right near me?  THe blackone that's been posted on these boards?

Yeah I saw it... need to know how much he wants for it though.

Reply #43
you interested in one with a lot of mods?? or do you want decent gas mileage?

Reply #44
Sorry, forgot to close this thread. The search is over, I found a beater instead.