Skip to main content
Topic: 88 tbird (Read 1105 times) previous topic - next topic

88 tbird

I have a 88 tbird with a serious case of needing new doors. as far as I can find out, only the 87-88 tbird and cougar will swap. will any others fit or any for sale northern illinois area?

88 tbird

Reply #1
Don't ever quote me on this but what about the Mark 7 doors???
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

88 tbird

Reply #2
I think the VII doors will physically fit,but the upper part of the door is a little more squared off,like the roof line is a little different.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

88 tbird

Reply #3
there are fiberglass doors through http://www.hairyglass.com
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com