Skip to main content
Topic: I spy with my little eye, All original 87 XR-7 (Read 2726 times) previous topic - next topic

I spy with my little eye, All original 87 XR-7

I was looking at the Classic Car page and saw something behind the Mustang.
https://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;sa=tmpattach;attach=post_tmp_6239_24ab2b1b3873a3f722556c178cd1f6b8;topic=0
On the East coast of Canada, not Toronto as listed, if anyone is interested.
$10,000 Canadian or about $7,500 US.
Don't bother contacting him if you plan to offer less.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1430695996

Original 1988 Cougar XR7 owner 200,000 miles and counting.

Re: I spy with my little eye, All original 87 XR-7

Reply #1
nice!  I bet its a clean Cougar. 
Mike

Reply #3
, its ok, but sure as hell not 10K$!

Maybe 3-4K
Mike

Reply #4

Maybe 3-4K

I'd go up a bit higher.

These cars are 31 years old minimum. Most are junkers/restoration candidates and the small remainder are in good shape. So it's rare to find one of these even in the shape this one is in.

If I were able to pick up a fox Cougar though it would be a white 87 XR7 with a gray interior. I like the 87 XR7 better than the 88 surprisingly.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
I can't remember the last time I saw an original paint 87 XR-7

Besides on this site.
https://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;sa=tmpattach;attach=post_tmp_6239_76a2d7b8e6cdd922e1b37f3b7d398af4;topic=41096

Reply #6

Maybe 3-4K

I'd go up a bit higher.

These cars are 31 years old minimum. Most are junkers/restoration candidates and the small remainder are in good shape. So it's rare to find one of these even in the shape this one is in.

If I were able to pick up a fox Cougar though it would be a white 87 XR7 with a gray interior. I like the 87 XR7 better than the 88 surprisingly.

What was different?  Just the striping on the body?
Mike

Reply #7

Maybe 3-4K

I'd go up a bit higher.

What was different?  Just the striping on the body?

87 has lower body stripes and 10 holes. 88 has monochromatic paint/moldings and turbine wheels. I prefer the look of the 87. But that's a personal preference.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
Because of those stickers, this car is incredibly rare. An 87 with original paint would be something to have.
I have 2 88s already (An original owner) and I am working on a 3rd so this is not for me right now.
If it's still for sale in the fall, look out !

Reply #9
Because of those stickers, this car is incredibly rare. An 87 with original paint would be something to have.
I have 2 88s already (An original owner) and I am working on a 3rd so this is not for me right now.
If it's still for sale in the fall, look out !

Man, I thought I liked the 87-88 Cougars! 

Growing up, a girl back home had a 87 XR7 brand new, Blue with the grey lower stripes and 10 holes.  Man, that was a beautiful car.
Mike