Skip to main content
Topic: So what can we do... (Read 17621 times) previous topic - next topic

So what can we do...

Reply #120
Donation sent.

Keep us posted if there are any cost overruns.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

So what can we do...

Reply #122
Quote from: V8Demon;467838
Donation sent!

Shawn, that was MY house....

And you sniffed them out like a drug dog, didn't you?
It's Gumby's fault.

So what can we do...

Reply #123
Quote from: Tbird232ci;467852
And you sniffed them out like a drug dog, didn't you?

-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

So what can we do...

Reply #124
Ill send one Thursday.

Thanks for all you guys do for us.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

So what can we do...

Reply #125
So maybe we need to start a thread or put a site announcement up about donations?  We went through this the last time and there will genuinely be folks that get upset they were not given a chance or did not know that donations were being taken.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

So what can we do...

Reply #126
Donation sent

So what can we do...

Reply #127
What we have done in the Canadian Pontiac site is to have parts offered up not for sale but for donation to the site.

For example, I have a very nice trunk rubber that a member is looking for.

I wonder how much of a donation he would give for that ?
Original 1988 Cougar XR7 owner 200,000 miles and counting.

So what can we do...

Reply #129
I agree with Aerocoupe that a separate sticky thread with the donation information is a good idea.  It could easily be missed in this 13 page thread by a potential donor.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

So what can we do...

Reply #130
Just a heads up now when I log in I get to a page that has "incorrect redirect" on it.  I simply went to the forums and no issues but its a glitch none-the-less.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

So what can we do...

Reply #131
Quote from: Aerocoupe;467936
Just a heads up now when I log in I get to a page that has "incorrect redirect" on it.  I simply went to the forums and no issues but its a glitch none-the-less.

Update your bookmark. I noticed the same thing last time and this time I came to the forum.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

So what can we do...

Reply #132
Sent a few bucks Eric. Not much but hopefully it helps.

I finally used the PayPal account I started in 2005...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

So what can we do...

Reply #133
This was happening to me too. Update your bookmark from "http" to "https"
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

So what can we do...

Reply #134
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;468022
This was happening to me too. Update your bookmark from "http" to "https"

this has been happening for long before any recent changes were made though...at least for me it was.