Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Junkyard finds (Read 1955 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Junkyard finds

I haven't been to many junkyards in the last few years mainly because of the lack of cars that I care about.  In the four years I lived in Nebraska there was only a handful of cars that came through the pick a part junkyard.  Not like in Las Vegas where there was usually 10+ fox cars to pick from.  Hopefully Ohio is better than Nebraska.

Anyway, I found this today.  88 Cougar.

1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

2017 Junkyard finds

Reply #1
My 88 with the grey interior, also has a red drivers seat belt, funny.  Those grey door handle pull screw covers would be outstanding for me.....:)
Mike

2017 Junkyard finds

Reply #2
I'll grab them next time I'm out there.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi

2017 Junkyard finds

Reply #3
How much would door panels cost? I could sure use those.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

2017 Junkyard finds

Reply #4
I'm not sure.  Should I grab them if I go back out there?

2017 Junkyard finds

Reply #5
Quote from: Loaded87IROC;461364
I haven't been to many junkyards in the last few years mainly because of the lack of cars that I care about.  In the four years I lived in Nebraska there was only a handful of cars that came through the pick a part junkyard.  Not like in Las Vegas where there was usually 10+ fox cars to pick from.  Hopefully Ohio is better than Nebraska.

Anyway, I found this today.  88 Cougar.

It is amazing to me that there are so few fox Birds and Cats running around in NE Ohio. When I was looking for a car, the only thing I found in NE Ohio was the odd rust bucket here and there. I'm getting a bit old to do any junkyard diving anymore, but parts seem scarce. On the other hand, I also own a Maverick and parts are waaay easier to come by. My car came out of Oregon and was rust free, so luckily, I didn't need a lot.
1986 Thunderbird Elan 5.0 EFI AOD, 3.73:1 SN95 rear, 17" Mustang Bullitts w/Firestone WO Indy 500's. Future plan: 349 stroker, C9 block, forged dish pistons, Scat 9000 crank, 4340 I beam rods, ARP head/main studs, ported explorer intake, 1.72 CC RR, Vortech V2 supercharger, Mr. Freeze Meth Inj, intercooler, TFS 190 11R CNC heads (66CC), BBK shorties with 2.5" duals, 4R70W Transmission, Taurus fan.