Skip to main content
Topic: Tony's TB (Read 6637 times) previous topic - next topic

Tony's TB

Enjoy my newest photos: plan to put in new long block in the Spring. If you have any advise about rebuilt engine manufacturers let me know. Looked at ATK, S&J, and Engine Guy.

Tony's TB

Reply #1
That's a good looking car. I can't comment on engine builders. I rebuilt my own over a period of time.  SOmeone may chime in with a good answer to that. Keep us posted on the progress.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Tony's TB

Reply #2
Check out powertraindirect.com and give them a call.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Tony's TB

Reply #3
Nice Thunderbird :)

As far as engine rebuilders I recommend finding a reputable local engine builder and having them rebuild your engine. Ask around and find who most of the guys with vintage cars use.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Tony's TB

Reply #4
Buy a cheap explorer long block from a junkyard and rebuild it. Might as well gain some power while your at it.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Tony's TB

Reply #5
Very nice car. Love the color too.  Can't comment as to the engine but I do believe you will find what you are looking for.    What for a hood scoop did you choose?

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Tony's TB

Reply #6
What's that white stuff on the edge of your driveway?

Ed
San Antonio, TX

Tony's TB

Reply #7
Quote from: My10-80;454025
    What for a hood scoop did you choose?

Looks like a 82 Mustang GT scoop
Mike

Tony's TB

Reply #8
1992 Ford Mustang scoop Oem from eBay hard to find!

Tony's TB

Reply #9
Yes you are right

Tony's TB

Reply #10
Do you anyone with a grill like the one on the left? I have been looking for one a long time.

Tony's TB

Reply #11
Lovely ride!