Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 XR7 up date: Split spokes installed (Read 1501 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 XR7 up date: Split spokes installed

I've posted a few things about my on going improvement of a 1988 Cougar XR7 I got for a daily driver. The car was garage kept dealer serviced by its original owner till I got i a couple years ago. Just this last week I finally got tires for the 17" split spoke Mustang wheels I had stashed in my shop. I have a Mark VII 4 wheel disk brakes with the Mark axle in back. As some of you may know the SN95 wheel caps won't fit on an older non modular hub. So I had to modify the front caps. Tell me what you think. Should I do the rear caps as well to keep a consistant look? The fronts still need some polishing.

D-side

front

rear

Reply #1
Yeah, you should mod them, if for nothing else, to get rid of the belly button icon.
It's AKA a pictogram meaning "asshole on board." lmao

No offense to the COOL mustang owners here.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
I like the front caps. Match 'em if you can. Car looks great!

Reply #3
Quote from: flylear45;351884
I like the front caps. Match 'em if you can. Car looks great!

+1
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
I agree. Match the rear caps with the front. Looks great. Those wheels look better on that car than a Stang. Nicely done.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Thanks!  The front caps only took 1.5 hrs total. They are not polished yet. I made a dome pattern of the first cap so I can replicate the rest. So the other two should not be an issue. The I will polish and coat. Thanks again for the replys.

Bill

Reply #6
Quote from: vinnietbird;351895
I agree. Match the rear caps with the front. Looks great. Those wheels look better on that car than a Stang. Nicely done.

I agree. Nice work