Skip to main content
Topic: BlueBird (Read 39778 times) previous topic - next topic

BlueBird

Reply #15
Quote from: gumby;455866
I am pretty set on keeping the blue car a 6cyl

3.5 Ecoboost?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

BlueBird

Reply #16
Boost...its what's for dinner.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

BlueBird

Reply #17
Color me motivated. I have made and changed plans, wrapped up a few projects, moved some stuff around to make space, and finally taken the one big step that needed done to kick this into gear. I moved the BlueBird from storage into my shop.

X

It moved under its own power even. Running out of fuel and a stuck RF brake, but it did it!

X
X

Shawn got a TC, Claude pulled his Cougar out of the field, Greg put a motor back in his car and went to a race; I gotta get in on this action!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

BlueBird

Reply #18
Ah yeah!
One 88

BlueBird

Reply #19
I might have some clear headlights for that.
One 88

BlueBird

Reply #20
There is a real nice pair in the trunk I pulled off the TC before it left, but thanks!

BlueBird

Reply #21
Woot!
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

BlueBird

Reply #22
So is it my fault this time?
It's Gumby's fault.

BlueBird

Reply #23
I suppose if you want to own it ;)

I blame myself. I was covered up with projects and took this in anyhow. Seeing it sit while I tried to create the perfect situation to get started actually made the lack of motivation worse. I added a temporary roadblock with another short term project, right at a point where I was almost ready, partially because I was overwhelmed with the scope this car had grown to include.

Thankfully for my own sanity I was able to keep that short term project short, and it is ready to move down the road. Realizing it was not a long term keeper helped lift my motivation to get busy on this car which is a known quantity on keeper status. Seeing you other guys getting back into your own cars has certainly added fuel to the fire.

Now it is Chuck's turn! Time to take a Volvo break, and wrap up the side Ranger, so you can get back to your Tbird too.

These showed up today. Added to the pile of bits I have been squirreling away. Thanks Mark!
X
X

BlueBird

Reply #24
What's going to end up replacing the 3.8?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

BlueBird

Reply #25
That will depend on how many times I change my mind between now and whenever I complete a motor swap. :hick:

Currently stage1 consists of 5spds, 5lugs, and SFCs. We will go from there

BlueBird

Reply #26
Put an LS in it..

Kidding!

But a Coyote would be just neater'n hell propped up, with a shovel full of snow thrown under it for good measure.

Even the new 2.3 Ecobooster, but, it's easy to mentally spend others' money.

I'm scrounging to find a solid, running 460 for my '84.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

BlueBird

Reply #27
Quote from: gumby;467483

These showed up today. Added to the pile of bits I have been squirreling away. Thanks Mark!
X
X

You turd bucket. You were supposed to get me a set too!
It's Gumby's fault.

BlueBird

Reply #28
I thought I was only supposed to grab 2 sets if they were sn95 and needed modded, my fault. :toilet:

BlueBird

Reply #29
Quote from: gumby;467483
Now it is Chuck's turn! Time to take a Volvo break, and wrap up the side Ranger, so you can get back to your Tbird too.

I knew that was coming. ;)

Trust me, I'm trying to.

The Ranger isn't a "side" project, just getting it sorted for winter duty (I now need to replace the PS front spring bracket :p)
The 850 needs a couple PM things to get it through the next few months. Sadie's engine swap took up a bit of time too this season.
I'd really like to wrap up the 240 T5 swap before the weather turns sour (Seeing as it lives in a copuppies all winter).

The garage is much better organized, but I'm still working on that too. At least the TBird has a heated house, so that should help with getting more done this winter.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo