Skip to main content
Topic: Finished my clutch pedal mod... (Read 6652 times) previous topic - next topic

Finished my clutch pedal mod...

Reply #30
I have no problem with them, but they are too close to going bare foot, and I never go bare foot unless I'm bathing or going to bed. Can't explain why, but I've always had to be wearing socks.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #31
You can't defend yourself in flip flops.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #32
.......or kick a rattlesnake. Yes, we have those down here. My Red Wings have come in handy at a couple of salvage yards.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #33
I like your mod. Howd the shifter come out.
  I'm 6'6" 330 I where boots all day and quite often get wet. I rotate thru 4 pair of boots Chippewas and red wing. When my puppies get the chance for fresh air they get it. I've had fumble feet shifting for the most part NP. I also always had stick cars and trucks.Till now the two work trucks are auto tired of rowing the years in Boston trafic When I race I go with merrels or fire resistant booties.  If you look at my pedals there worn on the edges when i do a burnout and jump on the brake i noticed i use the side of my foot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #34
My pedal pads were worn in the same manner. The shifter and everything is great. The pedal, for me, is way better to the left as it is now. I have room for my foot to push the brake and clutch, not just the side of my shoe on the pedals.

Reply #35
Sweet idea bud. Im 6'-6'1 and 250 with 13's i feel the pain too lol. It wasnt so bad in my k1500 cause the pedals were huge, but the comanche i have now holy moley i think the sides of my shoes are going to be worn out fast lol. As for the birds the pedals are just right imo. Then again i dont drive them with boots on either

Reply #36
DAM YOU GUYS ARE HUGE. Not in a bad way but just big BOYS. Not messing with you BOYS any time soon. have a great night guys.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #37
I have to say, I like the 5 speed gas pedal a LOT better than the stock Bird pedal. The Sport seems really happy today.

Reply #38
Quote from: TOM Renzo;436477
DAM YOU GUYS ARE HUGE. Not in a bad way but just big BOYS. Not messing with you BOYS any time soon. have a great night guys.

We are corn fed Midwest boys Tom. lol
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #39
Vinnie, thank you for writing this up.  How is this working for you today?  Did you move the brake pedal too? 
I have trouble with hitting all the pedals and had a couple times getting caught between the floor and dash (NG).  I've read the SN95 pedal setup has more room, but spacing out the pedals may work better for me.  Size 13.
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300