Skip to main content
Topic: BlueBird (Read 39732 times) previous topic - next topic

BlueBird

Reply #30
Quote from: gumby;467492
I thought I was only supposed to grab 2 sets if they were sn95 and needed modded, my fault. :toilet:

It's all good. I'm probably going to use a fox booster to simplify things anyways.
It's Gumby's fault.

BlueBird

Reply #31
Was the engine plan for this still what we discussed? I couldn't remember if that was for this car, white car, or something else.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

BlueBird

Reply #32
Yup, still accurate at this time. I have decided to keep this a running and driving project as much as possible. I roughed out multiple stages that should facilitate big upgrades in the winter and smaller tweaks during the driving seasons. Stages are somewhat modular and timeline will depend on several factors; I just need to stick to the plan and do work!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

BlueBird

Reply #33
Duratec!
It's Gumby's fault.

BlueBird

Reply #34
I spent a bunch of time today organizing and cleaning my shop. There were piles of Fiat parts all over the floor which needed moved to my parts dept. and Tbird parts that needed moved in. Having only finished the inside of my building last winter and being busy all summer, I still lack shelving, benches, and cabinets that make a shop function well. I knocked together another set of shelves, raided my parts stash, and got all this moved in and put away.

X

BlueBird

Reply #35
Are those that sick-ass set of wheels you had on your TC?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

BlueBird

Reply #36
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;467563
Are those that sick-ass set of wheels you had on your TC?

One and the same. They are gonna look bitchin on this blue :evilgrin:

BlueBird

Reply #37
Are you going to change out the stock rear control arms while you're swapping the rear axle?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

BlueBird

Reply #38
Quote from: thunderjet302;467572
Are you going to change out the stock rear control arms while you're swapping the rear axle?

No. The main goal for this round of suspension work is to get the car back on the road and somewhat presentable. The right front brake caliper is locked up and I refused to replace it with another Fox caliper when I knew I wanted 5lugs to hang my wheels on. Similar situation with rear arms; I know they will get upgraded down the road and I do not want to be double purchasing a bunch of parts. When I get into the major suspension redo, I will handle control arms at all corners.

5lugs, springs, and bars for now. I will probably toss the 15:1 steering rack on while everything is apart and regear the sn95 7.5 because I have all the stuff here to do so.

BlueBird

Reply #39
Ah. Makes sense. I thought you were swapping in a 8.8 at this point. Are you eventually going IRS? I thought your white car had the IRS setup out of a 03-04 Cobra.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

BlueBird

Reply #40
Quote from: thunderjet302;467580
Are you eventually going IRS? I thought your white car had the IRS setup out of a 03-04 Cobra.
No IRS this time. I decided my modded IRS was overkill for the intended do-all street car purpose.
It will resurface under a Coyote/6spd Zephyr project I am consulting on.

BlueBird

Reply #41
Louis is now disappointed that he couldn't suggest you buy Maximum Motorsports control arms.
It's Gumby's fault.

BlueBird

Reply #42
Quote from: Tbird232ci;467602
Louis is now disappointed that he couldn't suggest you buy Maximum Motorsports control arms.

Was actually going to suggest a Maximum Motorsports panhard bar, because I want someone to buy one and install it before I buy one. That way if it doesn't fit well I'm not out the money :hick:.

BlueBird

Reply #43
Quote from: gumby;467583
No IRS this time. I decided my modded IRS was overkill for the intended do-all street car purpose.
It will resurface under a Coyote/6spd Zephyr project I am consulting on.

Got pictures of that project? It sounds cool.

BlueBird

Reply #44
Quote from: thunderjet302;467606
Was actually going to suggest a Maximum Motorsports panhard bar, because I want someone to buy one and install it before I buy one. That way if it doesn't fit well I'm not out the money :hick:.

There was someone on another facebook group that had one installed. I can't remember who. Probably the group I got banned from.

Knowing gumby, he will probably make something anyways.
It's Gumby's fault.