Skip to main content
Topic: 150,000 miles of abuse and the EcoBoost still dyno'd like it was new. (Read 10983 times) previous topic - next topic

150,000 miles of abuse and the EcoBoost still dyno'd like it was new.

Reply #15
Sure, its attainable, but nobody else has accomplished it yet. Thats why its exciting;)
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #16
I don't know about that. They all have their own torture tests that we see or hear of.  With the economy the way it is now, manufacturers are going out of their way to sell, so I won't be surprised to see more stuff like this.

What I find more beneficial to the cause is the thousands of Crown Vics on the road for fleet use that have been to hell and back with 400K+ miles on them with nothing more than routine maintenance.

Reply #17
The last shop I worked at had a lot of taxi cab customers. It was routine to see Panthers with 700,000+ km (~450k miles). There was one '01 Town car, an airport taxi (was on the highway 24/7) with 1.7 million km, or slightly over a million miles, on it. And everything worked. The driver was very fussy, and if there were so much as a glove box light not working he'd have it in the shop. It was in every other week for an oil change, too, and even though the oil would have 3k miles on it, it would come out of that pan almost as clean as new...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #19
that sucks.
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #20
Bugs the  out of me. People used to buy rangers because they were good on gas. If you wanted a truck you would buy an f-150. Makes sense. You could never use a ranger as a truck.

And here I am thinking about buying a ranger, because I want something that can easily fit my engine puller and parts, and ford is killing it because there is no market.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #21
I like having a small truck for work so I can carry tools and equipment that wont fit in the trunk/backseat of my thunderbird:rolleyes: I don't want a big f-150 or silverado to drink all my gas, just a small truck like a Frontier or Ranger. I guess it doesnt' really matter since I'll never be able to afford a new truck but it would still be nice to buy one of those in a few years. I really like the look of it.

Kinda makes me wonder they'll even be selling the mustang????? I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them ditch it in less than 10 years. Every time we think a model has cemented itself in Ford's line up, GONE. So, how appropriate would it be ford them to 86 it too.
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L