Skip to main content

Poll

2.3T or 5.0

Total Members Voted: 19

Topic: Driveway Update (no bird but there is a Ford) (Read 1969 times) previous topic - next topic

Driveway Update (no bird but there is a Ford)

..and a Chevy, again. :shoothead

These two are whats been keeping me busy lately. The engine in the ranger needs rebuilt, its just a carbed 2.0 that burns oil instead of gas. The Blazer runs great but its ready to fall off the frame, and of course it my DD :hick: . The Ranger is going to be a project truck. Its either going to get the 5.0 that was originally goin to go in the 'Bird I had, or I'm goin to sell the 5.0 and get a 2.3t and toss it in. I'm leaning twords the 2.3t, but then again I already got the v8.:dunno:

I got some more pics of them if ya want to see them, Oh yeah theres a poll too.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #1
I say go with the 5.0, seems more logical since you already have it.

Reply #2
I'd go with the 5.0 as well  2.3T's can be a pain in the ...  sometimes.

Reply #3
Yeah, I agree with Bane. Of course I guess it depends on how much of the 5.0 stuff you have now versus what you still need to get. That's what would determine my decision.

Reply #4
id go 5.0 too,  infact, i think i'd only go 2.3t if it was already sporting a 2.3 to begin with.

Reply #5
I agree you already have the 5.0

Reply #6
5.0, it only makes sense.  Trucks are all about big engine torque.  Drop in the 302 with a Flowmaser exhaust and it'll be perfect.

Reply #7
In spite of the previous responces....go 2.3T...:p

Reply #8
The truck is already a 4cyl so I would be able to keep the 5-speed. Plus I wouldnt have to change the mounts, rear end, radiator, or find a shifter for the aod. Either way I have to get a new exhaust, fuel system, and a couple other things.

The rear end definently wouldnt hold up to a v8, and the current radiator is just a joke. In order to keep it a 5-speed(which I really want to do) I would have to switch to bucket seats and cut a new hole in the floor.

All in all it will probably end up costing the same either way I go. The deciding factor will probably be whether or not I can find a complete 2.3T with the harness and computer for a decent price.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #9
Quote from: DakotaEpic
Drop in the 302 with a Flowmaser exhaust and it'll be perfect.

Perfect just like all 800 other 5.0 swaps with flowmasters...
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #10
I'm actually getting to the point where that sound is more of an annoyance. If it aint some little import farting around its a mustang with flowmasters. Dont get me wrong it sounds good, but they might as well sell them with the car as standard issue. There are other lers out there people[rant/]. My ideal swap is a 347 built to the hilt with some bullit lers or some other straight thru design.

Now for some fun and games. What is wrong with this picture, besides the bowtie.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #11
Is that a plow mount on that Blazer? :confused: :screwy:

Reply #12
Yep, been there since it rolled out of the dealer in '91 and was last used '04/'05 winter. Was originally owned by a landscaping company. Has paid for itself several times.

One rep point to who ever figures out whats wrong with the picture.lol
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #13
lmao the #56 and the chrome grille and the scoop, the antenna ball or the fact its setting next to a ford you should be driving lol

[EDIT] i see it! its the missing wiper blade.....

sheesh im bored

Reply #14
lmao haha, close but not quite. The 56 was from when it was owned by the landscaping company. Scoop and grill are beyond me, and the antenna ball just showed up one day and I didnt feel like taking it off. lol

I should be driving the ford but I dont feel like paying for oil and spark plugs in addition to gas every week(burns a quart of oil a week, 4 plugs a month)
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost