Skip to main content
Topic: 87-88 thunderbird turbo coupe (Read 1845 times) previous topic - next topic

87-88 thunderbird turbo coupe

Reply #30
it has a whole rusted in the front bumper extension on the driver side and tons of small rust spots that could be fixed but not cheaply it also needs a new steering wheel and seat and a new arm rest the door lock has some problems no radio all the power stuff works besides the driver door lock cant think of any thing other off the top of my head

if you want to see all the pix here you go
http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg208/93stangfutr50/turbocoupe/

Reply #31
Link fail, asking for login.

Anyway, don't feel to bad.  I took a turbo coupe and put a 5.0 in it.  But it wasn't a running vehicle so I guess that makes it okay.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #33
your the one letting it piss you off.

Reply #35
because you think im destroying  a perfectly good TC if you saw it in person you wouldnt be saying that.

Reply #36
Quote from: 93stangfutr2.3t;274537
because you think im destroying  a perfectly good TC if you saw it in person you wouldnt be saying that.

Mustang guys just wont ever get it. Flip though your catalogs of aftermarket support, picking and choosing whatever it is you need. We'll just keep fighting to find parts, searching everywhere we can, and trying to keep them out of the hands of destruction.

Why didnt you get a Cobra or SVO? Guess you wouldnt want to destroy one of them.

You have to understand where we are coming from. You are taking another one of our cars and ending its life. You might have noticed, there arent as many floating around as Mustangs. So what will become of the car? S metal?

When I said give me the roller I meant $0. It was a joke.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #37
this thread  me off as well, but I cant help myself from posting.  Mainly because several guys offered you a complete set-up for the same money as you just wasted on a whole car, that you will have a hard time unloading now that it has no running gear. The main people that would want to buy it are on here and i doubt you'd get $50 for it now. Oh the irony. And now I see that you bought the wrong year and need a computer which is gonna cost ya even more. Good job.  I think I will go over to the Merkur site and tell them  I need an engine for my T-bird and I am going to rip my XR apart and then sell someone the roller for the same amount i paid for it. Wonder how long that would last before I got banned. It is called trolling and it is disrespectful to all the guys/gals who like these cars and spend their hard earned time/money on them.

Reply #38
Quote from: DVP;274542
Mustang guys just wont ever get it. Flip though your catalogs of aftermarket support, picking and choosing whatever it is you need. We'll just keep fighting to find parts, searching everywhere we can, and trying to keep them out of the hands of destruction.

Why didnt you get a Cobra or SVO? Guess you wouldnt want to destroy one of them.

You have to understand where we are coming from. You are taking another one of our cars and ending its life. You might have noticed, there arent as many floating around as Mustangs. So what will become of the car? S metal?

When I said give me the roller I meant $0. It was a joke.

cobra or svo a few things to help you learn cobras just as rare as a TC but $9000 more expensive svo's even more rare and $4500 more expensive.

aparantly you have never owned a 2.3 mustang before because there are no upgrades for it three things i can do to make it faster ranger header, cam, and a cold air intake. that gives me about 115hp not worth the money also you guys were offering me a motor for like $300 i bought the whole car for 400 so are you going to sell me the ecu tranny large vam and all the other stuff i need for $100 i dont think so and i wont be able to get my money back off of the resale which i have someone who wants to buy it now for $400 as a roller and put a 357 in it.

Reply #39
Quote from: 93stangfutr2.3t;274565
cobra or svo a few things to help you learn cobras just as rare as a TC but $9000 more expensive svo's even more rare and $4500 more expensive.

aparantly you have never owned a 2.3 mustang before because there are no upgrades for it three things i can do to make it faster ranger header, cam, and a cold air intake. that gives me about 115hp not worth the money also you guys were offering me a motor for like $300 i bought the whole car for 400 so are you going to sell me the ecu tranny large vam and all the other stuff i need for $100 i dont think so and i wont be able to get my money back off of the resale which i have someone who wants to buy it now for $400 as a roller and put a 357 in it.

I have seen a 2.3 mustang that would run with the 5.0's its all in how you build them. and as far as the engine goes I offered you a FREE 2.3t and you didnt take it.

Reply #40
What I'm about to type is completely off-topic, but oh well, half the posts here are too.

You bought a TC, an '86, which is the wrong year to do you much good at all, and then you come here with a chip on your shoulder about it when challeneged?
...what do you expect? For us to to slap you on the back and say "good job'?
Ha...not.

So you were basically looking for an '87 TC, but you went and bought an '86 instead?
Sounds like you are both un-informed AND unwise.
Why don't you go to a j-y and get the parts off of a totalled out TC, instead of buying one that still has some life left in it...

Oh, one more thing
Go away troll. :flame:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #41
Personally, you picked the wrong web forum.  I hang out alot over on Turboford.net, and that's probably where you should have started.  They tend to be alot more receptive to what you're doing.  But I'll warn you now, USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, or we'll be even more unkind to you over there.
    Going and buying an 86 when you really needed an 87/88 just shows your lack of ability or motivation to do your research.  Your now looking at laying out several hundred more to get the job done correctly.  Yes, you can use the small VAM, and small injectors, buy why would you want to when you could've done it right in the first place? Being on a tight budget, you should've waited for a more suitable donor.
Also, if you really have someone who's willing to give you $400 for what you call a rusted roller, either they don't know what they're looking at, or that car is a whole lot more solid then you're saying.  Which is it?
    This is simply not the place to troll for a TC to tear up.  If you wan't to fix up and drive a TC, this and Turbotbird.com are the places to be. Otherwise, stick to Stangnet, Turboford, or the corral.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #42
Whoever you sell the bird to,... you should throw this site at them......Then maybe there will be a chance for the car to be saved...
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #43
he isnt going to s it he's going to put a 357 in it and make it a street/stirp car.

Reply #44
Man this tread is turning into a mess.
I got 1 question..
Are you still looking for a 87/88 TC like the add says?
If not, this tread will be closed...........................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook