Skip to main content
Topic: 87-88 thunderbird turbo coupe (Read 1862 times) previous topic - next topic

87-88 thunderbird turbo coupe

looking for a 87-88 thunderbird turbo coupe with a 5spd rear disc and less than 150k miles and in running condition for less than $1000.

Reply #1
Your better to look for a drivetrain than a whole car.
The people on here won't likely sell you a car if they know your going to hack it up.

Reply #2
Did he say he was going to hack it up? Or just because of his username and profile pic?

Reply #3
well if he knew what he was after he would know that the 87-88 TC's came with rear disc.

Reply #4
Just going by his user name which is: 93 stang future 2.3turbo

Reply #6
There are enough wrecked/rusted/plain wasted ones still out there to tear apart.  I'm in the process of tearing apart three that had been left to die.  I'm just finishing what some else started.
Keep looking and you'll find a drive train suitable for your needs.  Just don't tear one up that could be saved by someone else.
I picked up a 2.3 turbo with 5 speed set up for $500 about 10 months ago. They are out there.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #7
Mercur guys are eating the t-birds up too.  LEAVE EM ALONE!  :mad:

Reply #8
Quote from: 93stangfutr2.3t;271967
looking for a 87-88 thunderbird turbo coupe with a 5spd rear disc and less than 150k miles and in running condition for less than $1000.

HI, Are you looking to part one to install into your Mustang or need a car. I have many parts from a 88 TC that I parted some time ago.
I know the motor is in a dry garage and all the wireing and computer is there.
Let me know
Ken

Reply #9
well dont worry about it i found one for cheap so im good i could have sworn ive seen a few TC's with rear drum (bluck) also wanted to know if anyone would want a parts car not going to part it out would take too long and i dont have three months i plan on selling the whole thing for $500 so someone can make a drag car or put a 5.0 in it if they wanted too.

Reply #10
Not trying to burst your bubble, but if guys can still find running/driving cars for under $500, you'll be lucky to get more than two bills out of a rolling shell.  Not to mention, didn't you say in the other thread that you're only paying $400 for the running car? Wow, destroying TC's and trying to be a profiteer. You da man.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #11
try to do what i can with what i got besides im actually paying $480 for the gas and insurance he has to put on it and i plan on people trying to talk me down so if i get $450 ill be happy.

this is the only one i found under $500 within 1000 miles of my house so there arent many to believe it was only 90 miles away is a miracle.

Reply #12
Knowing now that you paid 480 and you would be asking 500 for the car less the motor and tranny, I don't think you would have much luck here. Why not just keep the tc, and fix it up? Less money involved in swapping (because yes, you will spend more money doing the swap) and it is by far a much better looking car than a fox stang.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #13
people on mustang forums would probably beg to differ also insurance would be cheaper and a lighter car.

Reply #14
Quote from: 93stangfutr2.3t;274162
people on mustang forums would probably beg to differ also insurance would be cheaper and a lighter car.

But this is not a Mustang forum (See the reasoning??;)) And as far as the insurance, I did a geico quote and they are the same.....not saying either/or would be cheaper somewhere else, but generally between 2 cars, same maker, almost exactly the same motor (minus the turbo) the rartes can't differ too much.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII