Skip to main content
Topic: Thunderbird WANTED (Read 1668 times) previous topic - next topic

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #15
Quote from: Jim_Miller;191789
But there’s just so much you can ask of 4cyl in a 3000+ lb car.

Hmmm.... okay, but if you repaeat the same mistakes with a v-8 , v6, inline 6, or boxer enginethat you did with a 4 cylinder are you any further ahead???

Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;191819
Yup. I'd rather race with a 5.0 and still have a Thunderbird then have to stoop to a "Mustang" *coughcapricough* to keep the 2.3.

Ooooooohhhh ...... I will give you a day to think about this and come back with something a little better :flame: I know you have it in you, c'mon man, work on it a little bit :shakeass:

I know it was a big "stoop" for me to move to a 1 of 1350 car that I race EVERY weekend over a rusty 13 flat daily driver t-bird that was eating itself around me. I'm tuning on another bird, we wil lsee where it goes, its still a driver too. 

Quote from: daboss351;191834
Yea but that capri of his is a mean little monster!!

lol, thanks Man, you going to be around any next year? I have a few things in the works ;)

Bob Myers

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #16
What mistakes? It went 14's, got 33MPG, went to Cali and back twice, and did it all for less then you paid for the head work on your 2.3T. Again, I'm not seeing the huge mistake? The only mistake I made was trying to have my cake and eat it too by daily-driving my "race car". That problem has been solved now with a real DD/tow vehicle.

Just speaking the truth on the TBird/Capri saga. You didn't just give up on "your" Bird, you started deleting your posts all over NATO. That was lame. You can wax poetic all you want about the Capri, and I'll agree it's a hot little number. But you turned your back on the ENTIRE Thunderbird community. That is why you lost my respect.

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #17
Man, you sure do have a convienent memory huh ;) Just remember what you said here, think back honestly, and tell me about respect okay. NATO has nothing to do with the t-bird comunity. When paying members are told to like it or leave by an appointed officer, I chose to leave. That doesent sound like a community I want to be part of now does it? Long after the NATO fiasco, we still talked about things (even the NATO deal), here I had no idea I was being used by someone that had no respect for me.

Bob Myers

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #18
I didn't know about what you pulled until a few weeks ago. I love how you always put words into my mouth.

NATO has quite a lot to do with the TBird community, and the one rogue admin they've had there is well known. If you really want to know what's going I'll talk to you on the phone.

Fact is I'm looking for a Thunderbird, because this is the community I care about, not the 2.3 one. I don't care why you made your choices but I'm through with your "convenient memory" about me. Start playing us straight here.

Now do you have a TBird for sale, or can I get back to my thread?

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #19
I'll keep an eye out for you, I love shopping for cars... Even when they won't be mine. lol. :burnout:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #21
WOW omg yes. So cleannnnnn....just wow.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #22
I *know* that car!!! A neighbor of mine a few houses down, it's his relatives and they come to visit once a month or so. I have pictures of it I took just last month. I better go talk to them...

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #23
I have the car for you 88 T-Brd 5.0 LX Original Motor completely done to OEM new Radiator, pwr steering ,Distributor pioneer amfm/cd and 6 new speakers with alpine 4 channel no sub, all complete daily driver before I started to resto original miles was 96k before rebuild on motor need to sell

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #24
dude, that car is ultra clean. I would even buy it. Definately.
Brian

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #25
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;192262
I *know* that car!!! A neighbor of mine a few houses down, it's his relatives and they come to visit once a month or so. I have pictures of it I took just last month. I better go talk to them...

Go get it! :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #26
In the words of Toto "Hurry boy she's waiting there for you...." :giggle:

NO that's not the kinda stuff I listen to before anyone asks. :brick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #27
Looks good...you should get it

Thunderbird WANTED

Reply #29
:idhitit:

Buy it or I will ;) :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.