Skip to main content
Topic: The Distraction (Read 1711 times) previous topic - next topic

The Distraction

My '88 finally arrived from New Hampshire, and the first thing I did was buff n wax to remove(or at least temporarily hide) 32 years of oxidation.  I proudly present, The Distraction, so named, because another friend says it will distract me from working on the '68 it sits beside in the shop!  :shrug:, I'm an equal opportunity slacker, so they'll both be begging for attention!  LOL.

Re: The Distraction

Reply #1
VERY nice!   I absolutely love it.  I wish mine was the blacked out XR7....

What are the plans for it?
Mike

Reply #2
For now, sort out the issues with the oil leak and a/c.  Someone also painted the intake with chrome paint that looks like azz now, so I'll remedy that.  May see if a paintless place can pop some of the more egregious dings out.

Other than that, the plan is to enjoy a long time desired car!

Oh, may replace shocks.....tended to "float" quite a bit.

Reply #3
Also thinking about a modern double-din stereo, since I don't have the EQ.........any info people have discovered on that would be appreciated.......

Reply #4
Very Nice!!! I would love to find a super cheap low mileage 88 Bird to build with what I know as opposed to what I didn't know when I started many years ago
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Very Nice!!! I would love to find a super cheap low mileage 88 Bird to build with what I know as opposed to what I didn't know when I started many years ago

As would I Vinnie, as would I. ha.

Reply #6
https://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;sa=tmpattach;attach=post_tmp_6239_eb8cb3a89d1d0b4151d7168090d49b80;topic=41336

Hope you are still enjoying this ride.

I have had mine for almost 33 years.

My wheels were originally grey. I repainted them black and have had to repaint them several times over the years.
Original 1988 Cougar XR7 owner 200,000 miles and counting.