Skip to main content
Topic: (New Goodies)Need Your Opinion on Headlight Color!(Lots of Pics) (Read 33437 times) previous topic - next topic

(New Goodies)Need Your Opinion on Headlight Color!(Lots of Pics)

Reply #75
50 bucks! lol little 3 gallon pancake at harbor freight.. all it's good for is painting smaller parts and filling SMALL tires lmao.. ask me how i know..

TbirdX3.. tail light lenses, pleeeaaaaseee? at least think about it? :( it would be nice to have the option of new, instead of scouring junkyards, forums and craigslist for a decent set.. please don't make me beg LOL!
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #76
Quote from: Shadow;382591
50 bucks! lol little 3 gallon pancake at harbor freight.. all it's good for is painting smaller parts and filling SMALL tires lmao.. ask me how i know..

TbirdX3.. tail light lenses, pleeeaaaaseee? at least think about it? :( it would be nice to have the option of new, instead of scouring junkyards, forums and craigslist for a decent set.. please don't make me beg LOL!
I thought the begging has already began! Lol

Reply #77
Quote from: Chrome;382603
I thought the begging has already began! Lol

you haven't seen anything yet! lol

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #78
I'm just waiting to see how much he will charge us 4 a set. Even if the doubles are not possible, I still want some of those. I want to keep my areo front, but would like some headlights I can see with. He could make a killin with those things. I could always build my own, but he has already perfected it and I don't really have the time to learn it myself.

Reply #79
When retrofitting projectors, if you use dual pattern (Bi-Xenon) projectors, there is no reason to have 4.  And you should always do your own retrofit, that helps it be unique, but it would be nice to have a source for clear housing lenses.  If you have a 4 eye setup, you could use these:
http://www.fordmustangheadlight.com/Spyder/Headlight/Universal-Spyder-Projector-Headlights-_-PRO_OP_4X6_BK/832764/

Reply #80
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;382709
When retrofitting projectors, if you use dual pattern (Bi-Xenon) projectors, there is no reason to have 4.  And you should always do your own retrofit, that helps it be unique, but it would be nice to have a source for clear housing lenses.  If you have a 4 eye setup, you could use these:
http://www.fordmustangheadlight.com/Spyder/Headlight/Universal-Spyder-Projector-Headlights-_-PRO_OP_4X6_BK/832764/

Wasn't wanting 4 for the light. Just thought it would look better. Less open space in the headlight opening.

Reply #81
The reason he has a lot of open space is that he used the Morimoto Mini retrofit kit. this is a small projector which uses small shrouds.  This is a smart kit to use, because it's VERY easy and there is almost NO chance of messing up the cut-off phase.  If you go back and look at my projectors you'll see much less open space.  I used Hella E55 style units, which are a full sized projector, about 3 inches, and I also used the panamera style shrouds which are VERY large.  My shrouds are so large I had to trim them to get them to fit.  The downside is that my retrofit was much more difficult.  It included cutting and shaping of the reflector housing, cutting and shaping the shrouds, bench aligning the projectors and epoxying them into position permanently.  Not to mention grinding out and polishing the inside of the outer lens.  My retro took 4 or 5 hours per side, his should have taken 1 to 2 hours total.  I like the Mini's, I've done several sets, but I usually use the shroud-centric rings and large shrouds.

Reply #82
I wonder if you could mount those in the fog lite location? Then I could use the right side for the air intake and still be street legal, Just cover the originals with those GTS headlite covers when not needed.

Reply #83
lol possible halo in the making??

Reply #84
Quote from: lakenheath24;382765
I wonder if you could mount those in the fog lite location? Then I could use the right side for the air intake and still be street legal, Just cover the originals with those GTS headlite covers when not needed.

i believe that'd be illegal, as most states have a headlight height requirement (IE: NJ used to be minimum of 18" minimum, 36" maximum (just BS numbers for the example))

Reply #85
Quote from: lakenheath24;382765

NOOOOOOOOOOO. That is NOT STREET LEGAL. Be warned because I got a $130 ticket for that. I installed aftermarket driving lights, you can see them in my sig, and I was having trouble with my headlights at the time. Sometimes they would randomly switch off but I didn't know at the time b/c I was driving in the city and because those aftermarket lights work kind of like projectors so they are super bright compared to my stock headlights. Anyway, I was driving through town and got pulled over b/c he said my factory headlights were not on. I said well that shouldn't matter b/c my lower lights were much brighter and safer anyway. He still gave me a ticket. I attempted to take it to court but lost because according to Florda Statutes, you are required to have to white headlights on and they MUST BE BETWEEN 24" and 54". Just fair warning since you are held to the same statutes. Now if you want to put them in fog light location and still use your headlights as well, then there is no problem with that.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #86
yep, just checked and minimum height is 24".  Dang.

Reply #87
Haven't had a chance to fool with the high beam problem yet, so I have them unhooked for the time being. Tonight was my first time driving it at night, in the rain, and it was very nice to be on interstate and be able to clearly see all of the lanes plus both shoulders! Can't wait for useable high beams!

To me the only reason they look "out of place" is the fact that they are new lenses right next to faded lenses. IMHO they look way better than the old faded lenses that most of us run, and they look every bit as good as the NOS light I was running just prior to this set up. I wish I would have painted the shrouds the gun metal grey that someone recommended or some kind of charcoal/metallic grey, but that is all something that can be worked out in the weeks to come. I used a sealer that isn't suppose to get hard so I should be able to just pull them back apart. It's just a matter of taking the time to do it.

These are the first set of projectors that I have ever dealt with. When I was ordering them I wanted to make sure they would fit inside my housing, so I ordered the smallest projectors available. For the next set for my wife's car I will probably order one of the larger projectors, which will help fill up the housing. I am considering angel eyes for the next set, but not really sure yet.

Long88 you should post a picture of what you are wanting to do. I tried searching for cougar2go or whoever was mentioned in the other thread and didn't come up with anything.
...and there was light!

Reply #88
Quote from: T-BirdX3;382809
Long88 you should post a picture of what you are wanting to do. I tried searching for cougar2go or whoever was mentioned in the other thread and didn't come up with anything.

Prepare yourself......

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383878/1988-mercury-cougar
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #89
Interesting. Got any up close during the day with the lights off? Can't really make out any details :(!
...and there was light!